FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pulse Stripe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend purposed getting a stripe in the shape of a pulse.
It would go from the bottom of the spoiler to the door handle.
Both sides would be the same. He assures me he can do it.

Input?
Your friends taste runs along the same taste as yours.

Poor.
make him do it in masking tape to get an idea of how it will look first.

one quick question "isn't the heartbeat chevy?" <_<
Well he is talking about getting out a dry erase marker and showing me. The idea of it looks good when he describes it but im gonna let him draw it and see how it looks.

And im not sure if the HeartBeat is chevy.... I dont have any chevy stuff at my work that has it on it.

I thought you were going to paint the whole car? A stripe would ease off the look of just being an after thought spoiler.
meford4u,Jun 3 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:Your friends taste runs along the same taste as yours.

Poor.
[right][snapback]240426[/snapback][/right]

x2
oldeguy,Jun 4 2007, 07:23 AM Wrote:I thought you were going to paint the whole car? A stripe would ease off the look of just being an after thought spoiler.
[right][snapback]240433[/snapback][/right]

Thats what we were thinking. It does not have to be a pulse either.
As for painting the car that wont be any time soon. Lots of cash involved there.
meford4u,Jun 3 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:Your friends taste runs along the same taste as yours.

Poor.

Thanks for offering no Actuall help of any kind......
Mason,Jun 4 2007, 08:55 PM Wrote:

Poor.

Thanks for offering no Actuall help of any kind......
[right][snapback]240505[/snapback][/right]
Really? You asked for input. I gave my input.

It would look just as good as that spoiler you put on the car. I went easy on you with the spoiler catastrophe because it was your birthday. But it truly looks like ass.

You've gone from one horrendous looking Focus to another.

There. My input. Take a good look at what others on the board are doing or have done to their cars, look at the positive feedback they are getting and choose appropriately which direction you want you car to go.

You have no direction with your thoughts on your car and that seems to be the issue.

You ask for input. Your going to get both good and bad.

Now the truth? Pull that unibrow off the car and fix what damage putting it on the car in the first place the unibrow caused. If you really want to keep it, paint the unibrow yellow atleast. Your painter doesn't have a clue what he is talking about when it comes to a black molded piece. Either you didn't want to pay a little extra for the additional cost of paint to cover the bleed threw the yellowghter colour may have, or he didn't want to do the right job in the first place.

There. Input.

Now go cry to your momma because there is no room for crying on a car board.
Ideally, painting your spoiler would be the best.
Putting a black stripe on the car would look good, if, the body side mouldings are changed to yellow and the black trim on the back of the car is changed to yellow as well.
If that can't be done, either you should wait to paint the entire vehicle, or somehow, if it looks good, tie in the black spoiler to the black body side moulding. I think, a stripe from the spoiler can look good, if the proper amount of thought is put into it.

02ztsian

Pulse, huh?
Hello, the 80's called, they want their paint scheme back!
Don't do it.
Might aswell lock this post.

Spoiler is the colors it is untill the cash for a body kit and a paint job is avalible.
I dont overly care What meford thinks sence he decided to try to turn this in to an insult of some kind.
Quote:Now go cry to your momma because there is no room for crying on a car board.
I dont beleive there was any crying going on on the board cept for your long drawn out **bitch** about the fact that you dont like the spoiler.

BUT!!! Being to smart then not to go back and talk to the body shop regarding the color again is somthing I have an appointment to do again this morning.
Its not like im not trying to get it fixed <_< Just exploring options right now.

Spoke with the body shop thismorning and ended up fighting for 30min before the agreed to repaint it...
Goes back next week.
And meford. Sorry man, You were right and it does need to get repainted.

Mason,Jun 5 2007, 09:20 AM Wrote:Spoke with the body shop thismorning and ended up fighting for 30min before the agreed to repaint it...
Goes back next week.
And meford. Sorry man, You were right and it does need to get repainted.
[right][snapback]240561[/snapback][/right]
See if they can paint all your black plastic.
Not paying for them to do that. There are gonna match it to the black on the car like I wanted the first time.There excuse THIS TIME was that I didnt leave the car for them to compair it to.
So this time they get my car for 2days.

It will look the way I wanted it to once they correct the paint to flat black rather then "Semi-gloss" witch is what the other 2 body shops said when I talked to them.

Once again sorry meford. you were right.... Aswell as for the rest of you that said the same thing he did.
I had a long close look at a ZX3 today with the spoiler in yellow and I just dont want it in yellow. So the body kit/trim color is what it will get done in.... Properly this time with any luck.

The thing that worries me is the fact that the texture will be different. Think that will matter at all?
it can't be worst ;)
SliverSteeda,Jun 5 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:it can't be worst ;)
[right][snapback]240607[/snapback][/right]

I agree, the black its got now is wrong. Hence the im sorry to Meford and the rest of you.
Just pissed me off a bunch. So happy to have it done and on there just to have it go back again and get done different.
Im sure every one here knows how that feels.
By texture you mean to say that the spoiler has a texture to the plastic?

If that is the case, that can be resolved now, when your getting it redone buy just sanding down the paint. You don't have to sand right down to the plastic, the paint has built up on top of the plastic. Kind of like wet sanding, where you take wet sandpaper to the paint coat and it will look like s***, but it will smooth out the paint and eliminate the textured appearance. You can be more aggressive with your sanding than wet sanding, but I wouldn't go under a 300 grit. And take your time, this will take atleast a 6 pack.
meford4u,Jun 5 2007, 07:47 PM Wrote:By texture you mean to say that the spoiler has a texture to the plastic?

If that is the case, that can be resolved now, when your getting it redone buy just sanding down the paint.  You don't have to sand right down to the plastic, the paint has built up on top of the plastic.  Kind of like wet sanding, where you take wet sandpaper to the paint coat and it will look like s***, but it will smooth out the paint and eliminate the textured appearance.  You can be more aggressive with your sanding than wet sanding, but I wouldn't go under a 300 grit.  And take your time, this will take atleast a 6 pack.
[right][snapback]240617[/snapback][/right]

Im not doin it. Body shop in london did it the first time and they will do it again.
Gonna ask them about the texture though.
It wont bother me if the texture isnt the same so long as the color is matches the stock stuff. By the texture I mean the fact that the stock stuff has a pitted kind of finish to it.
Pages: 1 2