FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Big Problem! Huge..please Help A.s.a.p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
y'know those little red tubes about 5 inches long you stick on the end of a can of wd-40???

it fell off the can of throttlebody body cleaner and went down into the engine.

WTF do I do?????
did it go into the throttle body? if it did, just take the TB off and hopefully you can reach it with some needlenose pilers and a flashlight.
I'm off to try now :(
flashlight + one of those small parts grabber things... i can't find a picture..

but it has a plunger on one end, on a long spring-type shaft, and has little pincher things on the other end. very handy!
if that doesn't work, u'll have to take off the whole intake manifold.....good reason to upgrade to an early 2000 ported manifold since its such a PITA to do it sometimes :)
I'm sure you can reach it....long needle nose or one of those parts grabbers.

Got it!

5.00 spring loaded reacher tool.

phew.
Yeah, that's one of those mechanic "tips" that you pick up when you work on cars long enough. Always rest your 2 fingers (index, middle) over the spraycan button and hold the straw between your fingers. Or hold the straw like a cigarette and actuate the button with your thumb. They always go flying if you don't.

Damn I don't even think about it now....
Good job Anthony! :fluffy:

One of the best tools to have in your toolbox!
Good job! Take a couple of hours and rest, drink a couple of your favourite beverages. All that stress needs to be gone.
So funny.

I cursed like a sailor....I think my neighbour thought I was going to explode.....

It's certainly a helpful tool and I'm glad I have it now.

Not a cool situation hearing something go down the TB int the engine....even if it was a little piece of plastic....it probably had the ability to do some damage :blink:
good thing you got it , yeah those grabber tools are handy ..
i have a good "OMG WTF did i do story?!?!?!?!" ill share at Camping :lol:

also makes me look like a complete tool
Good catch Anthony, yeah I always somehow manage to do something like that when I work on the Focus by myself... last time it was one of the bolts holding the cover on the Steeda SRI that I lost down in the bowels of the engine (and thankfully fell to the ground and I found it)

NefCanuck
Crap, and I thought you got someone pregnant or something? with that title
Phew close call :D :D :D
^^haha
Wait till you have a 7mm socket fall down the plug hole ..... and then you'll curse! :angry:

a quick tune up turning into a cylinder head gasket whoa is me!
oh man.

I would have lost my mind.

I'll have to be carefull when I do my plugs today. :lol: