FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fitness Checkup - Month 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well, it's now the 1st of June, and my weightloss challenge has come to a close..

start weight - 285.8 lbs
Today's weight - 236.0 lbs

[Image: IMG_3497.jpg]

for a total loss of 49.8 lbs :D

I may not have won the $500, but the challenge kept me motivated, and it did it's job.

Tho, I must admit.. that weight is a pretty dehydrated weight.. I rode my bike to volleyball lastnight (30 minute ride, average 27kph), played vball for 2 hours, and then rode back home (40 minute ride, uphill)... and in that humidity, I don't think there was any amount of water I could drink that would have kept me properly hydrated..

Anyways, it's been great losing that much weight, and I'm still aiming to lose another 30 or so by christmas -- depending on how much more I can actually lose.

I'm still gaining strength too as my weights are going up -- not terribly fast, but going up nonetheless.

So that's my june 1st update.. how's everyone else doing with their goals?
You must be getting quite thin. I haven't seen you since when????

I am still trudging along losing a pound a week and down a total of 57lbs since last March. I am off the prescribed food and eating my wife's home cooking with moderation in mind, and I am still losing weight.

I want to get down another 10-12lbs by August, and after that, well see.

So how much weight did your friend lose?
good job Steve!
Way to go steve.

You gonna celebrate on the camping trip???
Attaboy Steve!

Nice work!

I've admittedly wimped out of late, relying on massive amounts of ball hockey and sweating to keep me going. I'm back down to 170-172 right now and that's fine with me. I've been traveling too much in the last couple of months in order to really "make gains".

Perhaps after the camping trip and this weekend's extra work I can get back to really working out.
Should have come with me to my training camp in football last August. I left on the 3rd week of August and by the second week of September I dropped from 280 to almost 260 flat. Now i'm about 265 ish but at one point in time (around december) I was 250....... for me thats to small, especially to play university ball.
Haven't seen a scale yet, but thanks to the situation with my dad I'm probably down a few pounds more than I was expecting to be...

Stress is a nasty way to lose weight lemme tell ya :ph34r:

Good on you Steve for sticking to it nearly 50lbs. is an accomplishment you can certainly take pride it. Heck, that's the equivalent of two of your Mustang's tires! :lol:

NefCanuck
I'm gonna try Hydroxycut in preparation for Brazil ;)

lol... not really, but I am definately increasing the intensity. I have started taking spinning classes... let me tell you.... they're great!

But way to go Steve! Keep it up!
ZX5chica,Jun 1 2007, 04:06 PM Wrote:I'm gonna try Hydroxycut in preparation for Brazil ;)

lol... not really, but I am definately increasing the intensity. I have started taking spinning classes... let me tell you.... they're great!

But way to go Steve! Keep it up!
[right][snapback]240203[/snapback][/right]

you need to get some real hydroxycut.. with ephedrine .. or better yet, thermadrine!!!

actually, I'm trying my best to do this without supplements as it will be hopefully more sustainable as a lifestyle change.

And yes, Anthony, I'm gonna celebrate -- but in moderation... I've already proven I can eat and drink, I Need to prove I can stick to this plan...
Holding at 185ish still.

I guess other than DP nobody has seen me in about 1-1/2 years when I was 235, you'll be rather surprised those of you going camping.
Congrats Steve, Kudos are in order for you. thats a fair bit of weight to lose in 6months, this is just the easy part, the next 30 pounds are going to be harder than that.

As for me, since getting back to the gym I've been feeling a lot better all around and and sitting at 195lbs for my current weight. I'm pretty happy at this weight level but probably could lose 10 or 15lbs of fat. I am 6'2'' and think 180 is a little to thin at that height.
Burnin21,Jun 1 2007, 12:04 PM Wrote:Should have come with me to my training camp in football last August. I left on the 3rd week of August and by the second week of September I dropped from 280 to almost 260 flat. Now i'm about 265 ish but at one point in time (around december) I was 250....... for me thats to small, especially to play university ball.
[right][snapback]240175[/snapback][/right]

I almost didn;t recognize this guy when he showed up one night with an alternator. :lol:
good job!

for some reason when i saw that first pic i thought it was a dyno reading.. whoa! 236whp
2001 ZTS,Jun 1 2007, 06:07 PM Wrote:Holding at 185ish still.

I guess other than DP nobody has seen me in about 1-1/2 years when I was 235, you'll be rather surprised those of you going camping.
[right][snapback]240223[/snapback][/right]

Thought this was interesting:

[Image: untitled.jpg]

June 2005 on left, June 2007 on right. Fifty pounds and one wife lighter :lol:

Dang, you lost a lot of baggage 2001ZTS (take that any way you wish :lol:)

185? Geez that's less than I weigh now (195) how tall are you again? :blink:

NefCanuck
2001 ZTS,Jun 14 2007, 04:03 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jun 1 2007, 06:07 PM Wrote:Holding at 185ish still.

[right][snapback]240223[/snapback][/right]

Thought this was interesting:

[Image: untitled.jpg]

June 2005 on left, June 2007 on right. Fifty pounds and one wife lighter :lol:
[right][snapback]241394[/snapback][/right]

You look a hell of a lot healthier !
scotiacustom,Jun 15 2007, 06:44 PM Wrote:You look a hell of a lot healthier !
[right][snapback]241490[/snapback][/right]

Yup and getting more hits than Google home page but not giving it up until I meet someone who really knocks my socks off again like Ashly did. I may as well tell you all that she and I talk daily and are wonderful friends. She will sit beside my son at my funeral; not that I am going anywhere anytime soon. Finest woman I have ever know and I've know plenty. No two people love and admire each other more than us.

As for the ex-wife what needs to be said other than she drives a Honda Fit now? That speaks volumes.

My boy is doing great BTW, he's 7 now :)

In addition to dropping 50lbs I have doubled my net worth from $300G to $600G the past two years as well. I don't pay alimony which is good because I am $90G instead of $60G per year now, I only pay child support, my RRSP's (six figures) are untouchable as is my company pension. In short I am having the best two years of my life. The fact that I held onto the house is gravy, friggen thing is worth a half million retail now and my morgage is peanuts on very favourable terms.

The Lesson: if you are "sticking it out" because of dumb loyalty/morals/values/"for the kid(s)" then you aren't doing anyone any favours, least of all yourself. Get out no matter what the apparent cost or how impossible it seems. It couldn't be any more difficult than the hell I have been through but SO worth it.

Cheers :beerchug:

PS: Newf, I am 6'2" and as the miltary used BMI as their measure and I am, at 185lbs, at my ideal fighting weight. The pounds started dropping once the stressor moved out and have stayed off. I don't do anything "special" like go to a gym or dwell on what I eat. I only got big because I was constantly berated.
[Image: P7110434.jpg]

Left to right: Tyler (my son's best friend), my boy Alexander and Ashly. Wow eh!?
andrew good job! way to increase your $ : weight ratio :)

get a ducati ? :D
Oh believe me, once day care drop offs are over done I will be pimping Ducati's most expensive ST, that and sailboat B)
Pages: 1 2