FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anybody Have A How To For The Front Wiper Motor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it would seem that my front wiper motor is about to call it quits. It is making one hell of a noise and I am heading up north next week and I would hate for it to quit while following a transport on Hwy 11. So if anyone has a Service manual and can copy the pages for me and send them via e-mail it would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 15 2009, 03:57 PM Wrote:Well it would seem that my front wiper motor is about to call it quits.  It is making one hell of a noise and I am heading up north next week and I would hate for it to quit while following a transport on Hwy 11.  So if anyone has a Service manual and can copy the pages for me and send them via e-mail it would be great.

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]298481[/snapback][/right]
I can do it for a 2007 Focus - should be close enough, yeah? I can send you some PDFs - let me know.
Is it moving 'choppy'? It could just need to be the wiper arm assembly rebuilt and lubed, like in my old thread. Martin (mpvc2000) had pictures, but they're gone now.

Basically, you need to pull off the arms, pull off the cowl, undo the three bolts that hold in the whole assembly, wiggle it out, and remove and lubricate the 'pins' that the arms pivot on. I needed a hammer to pound out the pins in mine. I lubricated them with lithium grease, and so far, so good, two years running.
Not choppy at all. Slow and noisey. Very Noisey.

Ken I will PM you my e-mail so you can send that PDF. Thanks
If you need a new wiper motor let me know ;) Mine will be coming out this weekend.