FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ontario Car Dealers Select Carproof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ontario car dealers select CarProof to supply vehicle history reports
Source: Canadiandriver
05-30-2007

Toronto, Ontario - The Toronto Automobile Dealers Association (TADA) and the Ontario Automobile Dealers Association (OADA) announced that they have selected CarProof Vehicle History Reports as their official report. Members of the associations will now be able to purchase CarProof reports through their association web site at http://www.tada.com and http://www.oada.com. Each report will provide details about a car's complete history including where it has been registered, any accident claims that may have been made and whether or not the vehicle is stolen.

"We selected CarProof because we are of the opinion their reports provide the most accurate and comprehensive information on Accident Damage, Vehicle History and Liens in the marketplace today," said TADA Executive Director, Barry Gee.

CarProof is a Canadian company and the only service of its kind that is connected "live" to each motor vehicle and lien jurisdiction in Canada so that it can deliver the most up-to-date information available in the Canadian automotive industry. CarProof is also the only online reporting service that is connected "live" to the Canadian insurance industry to report real time vehicle accident damage. In addition, CarProof accesses U.S. vehicle history information from a database consisting of 20 billion records through its partnership with Experian Automotive. CarProof also recently took steps to add another layer of protection for their customers, adding a national stolen record search of the Canadian Police Information Centre. All CarProof Verified and Claims reports will now include data used by law enforcement and government agencies across Canada to identify stolen cars.

"We believe providing this tool to our members, one that will generate the most complete information available, will allow our members to show their consumers that they have taken great care to sell pre-owned vehicles that are accident-free and have clean histories," said Geoff Wilkinson, Executive Director of the OADA.

I have Carfax, bc of my dad's dealership and I tell you both Carproof and Carfax are crap.

They are just a false assurance for ppl who have no clue about cars. Most crooked dealers show the carfax/carproof reports to ppl and say its just a minor curb hit, meanwhile the car has been thru hell :)

anyways, I guess carproof is a bit better when it comes to millage and history, lets see how they will do in the long run.