FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is This Right?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The two "young men" who were racing up Mount Pleasant and killed a cab driver have been given a sentence of one year house arrest, one year curfew and no driving for four years. Life isn't worth much.
yeah I heard about that too, they are also banned from driving for 4 years, but really they should have been banned for life, I think the only reason why they got off so easy, was because the family and wife were still in India, and more or less lost all their income to get over here to give a victom impact statement.

not to mention they are both spoiled rich kids as I recall, that went to a private elete school for boys.
Basically should have been man slaughter with some heavy prison time. IIRC they were both driving fairly expensive Mercedes...no doubt they got some good lawyers.....
Absolute horses***.

unbelieveable.
wasn't this like a year and half ago??
hardk0re,May 30 2007, 07:13 AM Wrote:Basically should have been man slaughter with some heavy prison time.  IIRC they were both driving fairly expensive Mercedes...no doubt they got some good lawyers.....
[right][snapback]239909[/snapback][/right]

^^ yup ... their lawyers argued that they weren't "racing" but were following each other driving fast - something of a very fine distinction when you consider the outcome. Having said that, I do understand that not everyone driving fast is racing - and the distinction is enough to warrant a different stance by the crown and the court.

But in any event, whatever the charge they were eventually found guilty of - racing, dangerous driving, careless driving - the loss of life should automatically increase the sentence, IMO much in the same way that a crime committed with a gun should draw a stiffer sentence. And in this case the sentence is almost criminal itself.

I hope these two young men understand the kind of bullet they dodged and do something positive with their lives - including dedicating themselves to making it right for the widow and her kids.
Now, they get a whole year to play video games!!
oldeguy,May 30 2007, 09:56 AM Wrote:Now, they get a whole year to play video games!!
[right][snapback]239932[/snapback][/right]

Need for speed Underground or something......
Not surprised in the least sadly...

If you have the resources to fight, you can minimize almost any criminal charge so that at the end of the day you get off with little more than a slap oin the wrist (As opposed to the kick in the @$$ that these two little snots need :angry: )

These 'tards should never been able to drive AGAIN Driving is a privledge and not a right and they've abused it in the most horrific way imaginable <_<

NefCanuck
I went to a private school ..........does that make me a killer?
D-Dub,May 30 2007, 12: Wrote:I went to a private school ..........does that make me a killer?
[right][snapback]239941[/snapback][/right]
Nope........ Private school in some peoples eyes equates to spoiled rich kids who don't give a ....... about anyone else. Which, we all know is not true about most who were fortunate enough to get a private education.
oldeguy,May 30 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,May 30 2007, 12: Wrote:I went to a private school ..........does that make me a killer?
Nope........ Private school in some peoples eyes equates to spoiled rich kids who don't give a ....... about anyone else. Which, we all know is not true about most who were fortunate enough to get a private education.
[right][snapback]239945[/snapback][/right]

i went to private school until grade 7....and i still don't give a %&%&!! :lol: :lol:

Nope, explains a lot though. :lol:
This is just another example of where having money means you can get away with almost anything.

I can't imagine how the family of the victim must feel after this verdict.
Flofocus,May 30 2007, 03:39 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]239958[/snapback][/right]

ohhhhhhhhhh ..did killer eat any kids lately?
NikiterZTS,May 30 2007, 09:35 AM Wrote:wasn't this like a year and half ago??
[right][snapback]239919[/snapback][/right]
yep, i remember that. i also heard the cab driver turned infront of them, he probably should've been a little smarter as well. however anyone with bucks always gets off fairly easy, amazing how much impact money has, even with the law.
at least they were driving bling mercs so they won't get confused with the 'sport compact' scene and draw more police attention to r1cers

D-Dub,May 31 2007, 09: Wrote:
Flofocus,May 30 2007, 03:39 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]239958[/snapback][/right]

ohhhhhhhhhh ..did killer eat any kids lately?
[right][snapback]240008[/snapback][/right]

No, and that was pathetic. :lol:
Im assuming you were talking about your joke, cause mine was "da bomb".
da bomb? C'mon now, we both know it just bombed. :rolleyes: :lol:
Pages: 1 2