FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Clutch Pedal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the last few days ive come out to start my car in the morning and I notice that my clutch pedal seems to have sunk. Its not at the top where the other 2 pedals are. I can drive the car just fine the way it sits i just dont have to move it as far to shift. Only looses the play on the top of the pedal. Sinks to the point where the clutch would disengage I suppose.

If I tip it up with my foot it stays at the top like its suppose to. Till the next morning.

I leak no fluid so its not that. Master Cylinder is also full so its not loosing fluid either.
Ford says they have never heard of that before.

Any one have this problem? Ideas?
Did you look on the inside of the car, is there oil behind the carpet?
hardk0re,May 28 2007, 11:03 AM Wrote:Did you look on the inside of the car, is there oil behind the carpet?
[right][snapback]239754[/snapback][/right]
Ive kept an eye on the fluid level.

0 fluid loss out side of the car and 0 fluid drip inside the car.

Ford says it may be a sigh the the seal inside the master cylinder is starting to go. As it sits over night the plunger system inside of it must be letting fluid seep past it and that allows the pedal to lower.
They told me to just leave it untill it gets worce and they can say thats what it is for sure.
Clutch master is the problem here just for the record.
Ordered through ford for 90$ as NO one eles has/stocks them.... <_<