FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pcv Valve And Hose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to do my PCV valve today sence It didnt look like it had been done in a while. And when I get it out its not in good shape. So I change it and as im playing with the PCV hose on the back of the engine I notice it feel Squished.

Basicly the hose had collapsed and I ended up replacing it. Car runs much better now :lol:

Any one eles ever had that happen?
yep...had to change mine 3 weeks ago
NikiterZTS,May 27 2007, 07:19 PM Wrote:yep...had to change mine 3 weeks ago
[right][snapback]239690[/snapback][/right]

I didnt expect the hose to have done that.
i had to replace mine a week after i installed 2000 intake manifold
Where is that hose located and what it looks like ?
mpcv2000,May 27 2007, 07:40 PM Wrote:Where is that hose located and what it looks like ?
[right][snapback]239696[/snapback][/right]

Well the PCV valce has a set of hoses. One from the valve to a metal hose then another rubber one that goes from the metal hose to the rear of the engine.

Its this hose
[Image: 05-27-07_2050.jpg]

See its all soft and squishy one the side that connect to the engine.
[Image: 05-27-07_2051.jpg]

Bad air flow restriction.
I'll take a look at it later today.
Very interesting , I haven't found the PCV Valvle but look at this.

This is the hose with the engine off :

[Image: 171042.jpg]

And now with the engine running , .. It's collapsing.. I don't know what it does exactly but I may have found my rough idle issue because of your post.

[Image: 171043.jpg]

I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

I removed the one on my 03 and installed it on my 00 even if they are different.

[Image: 171045.jpg]

This now a picture with the engine running with the hose from my 03 and it's not collapsing anymore and the idle is nice and smooth ( I still haven't drove the car yet ) but it has been idleing and it is at it's full operating temperature.

[Image: 171047.jpg]

So where is the PCV valve.. ? [Image: dunno.gif]

Thanks for the tip about the hose.... [Image: thumb.gif]
if you follow the hose it connect to a metal line. It just a streight line and it is preety short. Anyway follow it and you will find it turns back into a rubber elbo that connects to the front right of the engine. ( if your standing infront of the car) Pull the elbo off and there is the PCV valve.

The engine is running bad with the hose like that because ever time you step in the gas that hose gets sucked shut due to vaccume pressure.

As for the hose lol it wasnt so much a tip as me trying to get this stupid car running good lol.
Damn, I'm gonna have to check that out now.

I've noticed a little stumble here and there at idle too.
Mason,May 29 2007, 08:00 AM Wrote:( if your standing infront of the car) Pull the elbo off and there is the PCV valve.
[right][snapback]239815[/snapback][/right]

So it's inside the black containner or it's part of the elbow ?

We're talking about this thing don't we ?

[Image: 147587.jpg]
Yes, where the tube plugs into the oil seperator is where your PCV Valve is.
This is another shot...The metal part between the tube and the oil seperator is my boost freindly Mustang SVO PVC valve.

[Image: DSCF0793.jpg]
U pull the elbow off and under it is the PCV valve. It should just pull/pop out.

Ford the record I spoke with ford about getting the stock hose replaced. aparently its around 40bux :o

Its a form molded hose so no one is just gona have it. You can make shift yourself a new hose sence its different on each end. Thats what i did.
Since 00 and 03 are different I ordered a newer style 00 hose and the PCV valve , my price is a bit less the $30.00 for both. I will put the hose I took off my 03 back in and I'm seriously thinking about swapping the Intake Manifold from my 00 to my 03 since it's a better intake ( according to many forums ) . My 03 is the toy and the 00 the daily driver so good stuff goes on the 03... :P