FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fuel Economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just figured out my fuel economy for my SVTF, the numbers are pretty impressive for the SVTF. Everything is in a nice Excel spreadsheet, and recored since I've had the car.

my best this year was 8.22L per 100KM on May 8th, 2007 and best overall 7.05L per 100KM on April 16, 2005. I have no clue how to change them over to MPG, but those number are impressive for a car that doesn't have an overdrive in the transmission.

If anyone knows how to change it over to MPG, I'd like to know, and also know what kind of gas mileage everyone else is getting on here.
8.22 is around 34.5 mpg. 7.05 is just over 40 mpg. btw both 5th and 6th are overdrive gears.

Take your litres divide by 4.54 to get imp gallons. then take you 100km's which is about 62.5 miles and figure it out. divide 62.5 by number of gallons used. For US mpg you divide litres by 3.78 to get US gallons.
1 mile per gallon = 2.35214584 litres per kilometer

darkpuppet,May 27 2007, 04:20 PM Wrote:1 mile per gallon = 2.35214584 litres per kilometer
[right][snapback]239681[/snapback][/right]
Maybe 1 mile per US gallon. Imperial gallons would be closer to 2.8 litres per km.
bluetoy I think your wrong about the there being an overdrive in the SVT Getreg. the 5th gear is 3.8 to 1 and 6th is 3.1 to 1. if it was an overdrive trans the engine wouldn't sit at 3K rpm when at highway speed ie: 110kph.
FocusGuy7476,May 27 2007, 11:21 PM Wrote:if it was an overdrive trans the engine wouldn't sit at 3K rpm when at highway speed ie: 110kph.
[right][snapback]239726[/snapback][/right]

This is one of my biggest dislikes about my SVT. Couldn't they have made 6th gear any lower??? Lucky for me I only hit the highway once or twice a month so I almost never have to worry about it, oh and I think my all time record for fuel economy was 35mpg but it goes to absolute crap during the winter when it drops below -5°C and I don't even idle/warm up my car much.
They say 5th and 6th are OD but it does run high on the RPMs but its nice for passing, not as much down shifting. As for mpg have really kept track I do not drive enough to get good mpg,

David
If you bought your SVTF to get good mileage then you may have made a mistake. Yes 5th and 6th are overdrive.
i drive my svtf like i stole it, so im not to worried bout mpg!
My SVTf gets absolutely fantastic gas milage......compared to my well modified 5L Mustang....:P
last year i averaged 9.017 L/100km or 31.2 MPG. i'm very easy on my car and it rarely sees 5,000 RPMs