FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Places To Stay In London?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to be down in London for an interview July 4,5,6. Anybody know a decent place to stay that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
ZX5chica,May 26 2007, 08:56 AM Wrote:I'm going to be down in London for an interview July 4,5,6. Anybody know a decent place to stay that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
[right][snapback]239613[/snapback][/right]

Well if I lived in London I know what I would say :lol: ;)

Just kidding (sort of), know you are "spoken for", just can't help myself sometimes. It's part of my charm right? :P
there are a few places just off the 401 that arent too bad near the white oaks mall on Wellington. Howard Johnsons and stuff... Im not sure of the rates though. I think its around $70 taxes in for a queen room at the HJ...

Unless your talking cheap cheap... Then theres Econo Lodge on 636 Yorke Street but its right beside a biker strip club... I wouldnt go there....lol
PDW,May 26 2007, 10:20 AM Wrote:there are a few places just off the 401 that arent too bad near the white oaks mall on Wellington. Howard Johnsons and stuff... Im not sure of the rates though. I think its around $70 taxes in for a queen room at the HJ...

Unless your talking cheap cheap... Then theres Econo Lodge on 636 Yorke Street but its right beside a biker strip club... I wouldnt go there....lol
[right][snapback]239622[/snapback][/right]

I'm a student... I'm used to living on the cheap. I'd prefer to take a Hostel (if there are any??), but I will definately check out the HoJo's. Thanks for the input!
Im a student too and am used to going bare minimum on most things but hotels I pay the extra for just for the added insurance that I dont wake up with a cricket in my ear...lol...
Last "cheap place" I almost stayed at we found pubies in the sheets, and cigarette butts and a used condom under the bed...we left right away obv...so gross....lol
I could look around for you if you want. Where in london are you looking? St. Thomas is only 15 minutes south of london, if that doesn't bother you, I can look here too....just let's me know!
I've got an interview at Western University. I've only ever been to London once, so I really don't know what's around. I don't care about being farther away from the University if it's less $$.

oh, okay...western is off of richmond, close to north london...I'll see what I can dig up for ya!
theres actually a motel on Fanshawe Park and Wonderland (Just West Of that Intersection). They have a Bar Called The Black Pearl. Maybe look into them... Im gonna be driving by there today Ill post the name up later this afternoon.
sorry for the delay in response but the motel im talking about is called the Lighthouse Inn... Def. worth a shot .. heres the # (519) 473-4500