FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suspension Quetion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got an '05 zx4, want to drop it about 1.4'-1.6' was looking at the eibach pro-kit. Has anyone done it yet? Any other suggestions? I also run 205/55/16 instead of 205/50 will they rub with this drop? Any idea where i can get a good deal on parts? Going to install myself. Thanks
i got the sportlines on my 07 st and have 225/35/18 tires, i dont rub, you should not have any problems.
Why are you running a larger diameter tire? Do you find that the speedo is off? I have just bought the Pro-Kit from another member on here and I am getting it installed very soon. As to where you can get it, I don't know. But you can check at a local speed shop or Canadian Tire.
i got my sportlines for 280 taxes in, in london at unauthorized performance.
Many of us on here have had good experience with the Pro-Kit - myself included.

Make sure you get the correct kit though - Ford changed the front springs part way through the '05 model year and they are not interchangeable.

Always a good idea to shop around - I buy a lot of stuff in the states and have it sent to my PO box in Niagara Falls and I can usually save a few bucks that way.

If you're interested I can quote you a price but you'd have to be prepared to wait a couple of weeks to get it.

If you're on stock rims you should have no problem at all with rubbing - I have 215-45-17s on 7.5" wide rims (42 offset) and I've had no rubbing.

zx4_ses,May 25 2007, 05:01 PM Wrote:I've got an '05 zx4, want to drop it about 1.4'-1.6' was looking at the eibach pro-kit. Has anyone done it yet? Any other suggestions? I also run 205/55/16 instead of 205/50 will they rub with this drop? Any idea where i can get a good deal on parts? Going to install myself. Thanks
[right][snapback]239571[/snapback][/right]
SHM/Multimatic Kit...instead of the Pro Kit
Drivesthebeast,May 26 2007, 04:31 PM Wrote:SHM/Multimatic Kit...instead of the Pro Kit
[right][snapback]239626[/snapback][/right]
every multimatic kit I have seen doesnt look like much of a drop at all... kind of like comparing regualr suspension to an svt..
I was thinking of going AGX/PROGRESS pairing for my car..It seems like a good combo of drop and performance from what Ive seen and heard
thanks for the info guys
My Multimatic kit was a 1.25" drop up front, and 1.75" rear...that was just fine for me, and I had 215/45 17 tires and wheels under the car that did NOT rub, and the car itself required no modifcation to make the larger wheels fit to do this. Also, I was still able to drive the car year round. If I had slammed it, then it would have been a paperweight until summer...