FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Re : Sightings.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been thinking the same thing every time I open a sighting thread..

Where are the pictures ?

What's the point in opening a sighting thread when nobody can really picture what you're talking about.. or identify anything with the really vague descriptions ?

I think we should start putting pictures in sighting threads, instead of just creating a sighting thread..

"I saw a yellow car..of..some sort..anyone own it here?"

No idea.

Post a picture of a yellow mustang where you can identify the year/model/everything and someone can say "Oh yeah that's my buddy Josh's!, 351 under the hood.. nice, I have more pics *post*"

Or similar..

So does anyone else agree? No more sighting threads without pictures?

=)
:postpics:
CanadaSVT,May 22 2007, 06:05 AM Wrote::postpics:
[right][snapback]239206[/snapback][/right]

:rofl:
Sometimes it's difficult to get the camera out of the back seat, take it out of it's case, turn it on, take the picture, all going 120 kms/hr, and drive. Yes, pictures of stopped cars would help.
i did take a couple pics so far......but the camera on my phone blows
i didn't take any pictures when i posted a sighting thread but i gave a very good description, one of the guys replied. :lol:

The thread I posted I just figured how many ZX4's with the mods listed got wrecked at that Specefic intersection in London yesterday..
The black car was just an add in, I wouldnt have started a thread for the alone...
But pics arent a bad idea.. but they wouldnt always work..
When driving and you're alone and the camera isn't out/ready... it's near-impossible.

If you have a co-pilot, it becomes a hell of a lot easier.
I completely understand the excuses you guys are all saying, but still, most of us have camera phones, and a lot of times there are ways to get the pictures when the car is still. At Tim Hortons etc.. Stop lights.. Or if you see the car when you're walking / driving residentially ..

I just want people to try harder ;)
Meh, cell phones. The tools of the enslaved. ;)
I dont ever see very many foco's with stuff done to em in london. Just the same few I always see.
so you want people to scramble for their phone while driving just so the sightings threads have pictures. :blink:

Half the sightings I read are in the GTA, I couldnt give a flyin fawk whats spotted in the GTA. :lol:
ex1z7,May 22 2007, 02:38 PM Wrote:I completely understand the excuses you guys are all saying, but still, most of us have camera phones, and a lot of times there are ways to get the pictures when the car is still. At Tim Hortons etc.. Stop lights.. Or if you see the car when you're walking / driving residentially ..

I just want people to try harder ;)
[right][snapback]239254[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, don't own a cellphone with a camera. Just a Canon EOS Rebel XTi
I don't know how to download my cell phone pic's to my computer. I have a Motorola L6, the manual says I need to buy software. Is that true?
Buy / Download a copy of mobile phone tools.
If your phone does not do USB then you need this stupid motorola adapter that only comes with the software.
it is a USB phone. Is the downloadable software free and where can I find it? I know nothing when it comes to my phone. LOL
oldeguy,May 22 2007, 09:12 PM Wrote:Sorry, don't own a cellphone with a camera. Just a Canon EOS Rebel XTi
[right][snapback]239266[/snapback][/right]
you lucky ass.. thats the camera i want
oldeguy,May 22 2007, 04:12 PM Wrote:Sorry, don't own a cellphone with a camera. Just a Canon EOS Rebel XTi

Don't own a cell with a camera either, just a nikon d50 + toys.

And FloFocus : I said there are plenty of opportunities when at a stand still - I don't expect people to risk their lives just because a Focus has a spoiler or something ..

ex1z7,May 23 2007, 03:53 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 22 2007, 04:12 PM Wrote:Sorry, don't own a cellphone with a camera. Just a Canon EOS Rebel XTi

And FloFocus : I said there are plenty of opportunities when at a stand still - I don't expect people to risk their lives just because a Focus has a spoiler or something ..
[right][snapback]239333[/snapback][/right]
There has been a couple of times I've said to myself, " i should have brought the camera". Now it goes where I go.
oldeguy,May 23 2007, 08:18 AM Wrote:
ex1z7,May 23 2007, 03:53 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]239333[/snapback][/right]
There has been a couple of times I've said to myself, " i should have brought the camera". Now it goes where I go.
[right][snapback]239346[/snapback][/right]

I'm too nervous of coming back to my car finding my window broken and my camera gone.. And I don't want to leave it in the trunk .. I leave it at home unless I'm working. When I invest in a solid case, I'll bring it everywhere...