FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebay Intake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering how people feel about a Cold air intake off ebay?
Ive bought an ebay intake for a previous car and it worked good , most on here will try sway you towards a more expensive model , but from what I learned with the previous car as long as its mandrel bent and you get a good quality filter its gonna be pretty much the same.
Just watch out for ebay sellers trying to charge insane amounts for shipping while they advertise a really low selling price.

And it might not be a bad idea to buy a good quality filter since you never know what you're getting with the ebay special.
The filter isnt what Im worried about its able to be replaced.
Its the fitment of the pipe itself that i worry about.

Id like the Volant intake but she costs to damn much.
The pipe fitment isn't an issue, most are just a direct copy of an AEM or Ractive.
i have the ebay intake and personally i love it...i get the same gains out of it that you would normally get out of a normal intake...dont use the filter they give u though i replaced mine and love it...man its cheap and for me....functional...ill take a pic if u want to show u wut it is...
One of the best performance gain intakes for the money is a cone filter at the end of the stock intake tubing.
MAlby7,May 21 2007, 10:11 PM Wrote:One of the best performance gain intakes for the money is a cone filter at the end of the stock intake tubing.
[right][snapback]239184[/snapback][/right]

The problem with my intake is that it has the big honking resonator hanging off the pipe from the MAF to the TB, otherwise I would have done that. I'm thinking of going Ebay too, just for the hell of it.

Girard.k, could you post a pic?

Ryan
I have a COSMO CAI which pretty much an ebay knock off with an AEM Dry Flow filter. Looks and sounds good.
[Image: DSC00373.jpg]
SmokeBCBuDZ,May 22 2007, 12:13 PM Wrote:I have a COSMO CAI which pretty much an ebay knock off with an AEM Dry Flow filter. Looks and sounds good.
[right][snapback]239239[/snapback][/right]

I ordered the short ram air intake system from cosmo racing. I found it fit really poorly on my sedan.
Hit the hood when I closed it..... ended up using clamps to hold it down about an inch. :P
my bomz intake was hacked into the charge piping between my IC and TB :D
This is a picture of my intake that i got from the ebayer...crappy cone filter and all...and i dont have a pic right now of it with new filter but thats exactly wut i got from ebay...

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z298/gi..._k/DSC00378.jpg

took like 45 min to an hour to install...
The one I got from cosmo racing lacks the bend at the end there. So the filter did not sit where it was suppose to....
Ordered my intake on Keystone through my work today. Should have it by friday. Will be sure to post pics. :D
Mason,May 22 2007, 12:58 AM Wrote:The filter isnt what Im worried about its able to be replaced.

[right][snapback]239173[/snapback][/right]
theres one on fj right now for $150
PDW,May 23 2007, 12:04 PM Wrote:
Mason,May 22 2007, 12:58 AM Wrote:The filter isnt what Im worried about its able to be replaced.

[right][snapback]239173[/snapback][/right]
theres one on fj right now for $150
[right][snapback]239355[/snapback][/right]

Whats the members name.