FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lousy Way To Come Home Saturday Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So there I was coming home last night around 1AM, the roads were wet and reflections off the puddles like crazy...

I make the last turn to head onto my street and not 10M later I hear BANG! and my car starts pulling to the right, so I'm like WTF? and manage to limp it the remaining 250M to my condo's parking lot.

Get out of the car and see that BOTH right side tires are in the process of going flat, the right front with a slash in the sidewall and the right rear with a chunk carved out of the sidewall and they're at the same rotational point in the tire. Small rubs in the rims, but thankfully they don't appear bent and the rims are resting on the rubber...

Went looking for whatever the hell did this to my tires last night and found squat, but there had to be something there to cause that kind of damage :angry:

The tires have road hazard warranty but the tire place isn't open til Tuesday and no guarantee that they will have my tires in stock...

Because I'm down both right side tires, I'm gonna have to tell CAA to send a flatbed for the car :(

To whoever left that piece of debris in the road... THANK YOU YOU PIECE OF EXPLETIVE DELETED! esp. since I'll be out whatever the "prorated amount" is on the tires (I only bought them last Oct :()

NefCanuck
sounds like you hit the curb
zx5power,May 20 2007, 02:55 PM Wrote:sounds like you hit the curb
[right][snapback]239038[/snapback][/right]

That was my first thought but I went back and looked around, the curb didn't even have a mark on it :blink:

NefCanuck
any skateboarders around ? notice sometimes around here they leave there little rain on the road little bas$%&#$
Not to be a Debbie Downer, be aware a lot of roadhazard warranties don't cover sidewall damage.
OAC_Sparky,May 20 2007, 03:49 PM Wrote:Not to be a Debbie Downer, be aware a lot of roadhazard warranties don't cover sidewall damage.
[right][snapback]239045[/snapback][/right]

I have the original docs, no mention of sidewall warranty exclusions, but we'll see what happens when I call them Tuesday morning :unsure:

I'm more worried that there will be a long delay in getting the tires back in stock. I need the car by Thursday come hell or high water :o

NefCanuck
Did you ever find out what the debris was on the road?
Do you park in an underground lot or in a ground level lot? I would recommend parking in a ground level lot that way if you have to get the car towed, but if its underground, you can get away with putting doughnuts on or borrowing a spare tire from a friend
Wiarton Willie?

I keed.

Sucks dude. Let us know how the tire seach goes. :(
paolo,May 20 2007, 05:07 PM Wrote:Did you ever find out what the debris was on the road?
Do you park in an underground lot or in a ground level lot?  I would recommend parking in a ground level lot that way if you have to get the car towed, but if its underground, you can get away with putting doughnuts on or borrowing a spare tire from a friend
[right][snapback]239052[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to my little blue friend in the window (Disabled parking permit) I just left it upstairs and talked to the condo security.

When I got out and saw the tires were flat I just thanked my lucky stars that I *didn't* try to go downstairs, that would have meant a flatbed would never have been able to get me out :ph34r:

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,May 20 2007, 07:18 PM Wrote:Wiarton Willie?

I keed.

Sucks dude. Let us know how the tire seach goes. :(
[right][snapback]239069[/snapback][/right]

... Wiarton Willie with a switchblade :P

I think the bigger problem will be getting the tires ASAP, since IIRC they needed time to get them the first go round... time that I don't *have* this go around :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Dude that sucks. Hope the dealer can fix you up.
What Size Rims are on your Car Daniel?

If you need a set rims and tires to borrow, I can loan you a pair of 16" rims with good tires to use till you can get your tires fixed & back on the car. Pm me & I can stop by and do the change over if you like.
Ditto.

I have a new set on stock rims in my garage you have access to if you need them.
Well, I have to call the tire place tomorrow in the AM and was simply going to tell CAA to bring a flatbed, but if the rims are pooched I may have to get new rims if these can't be straightened :angry:

NefCanuck
doubt the rims will be bad wouldnt have ran out of air that quickly
zx5power,May 21 2007, 03:51 PM Wrote:doubt the rims will be bad wouldnt have ran out of air that quickly
[right][snapback]239146[/snapback][/right]

No, but the car has now been sitting on the flats for two days, tires are still on the rims. CAA is gonna have to get the car onto the flatbed somehow... a recipe for disaster :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 21 2007, 07:23 PM Wrote:
zx5power,May 21 2007, 03:51 PM Wrote:doubt the rims will be bad wouldnt have ran out of air that quickly
[right][snapback]239146[/snapback][/right]

No, but the car has now been sitting on the flats for two days, tires are still on the rims. CAA is gonna have to get the car onto the flatbed somehow... a recipe for disaster :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]239160[/snapback][/right]
Your rims should be okay. If you're worried, it seems some of our members are willing to lend you some. I've got four snows on 14's and I'll come over and put them on.
Well, looks like the bad karma is offset by the good karma...

Called the shop at 7:30AM, explained what happened and my luck did a 180 as they have two tires sitting in the warehouse that they're in the process of bringing to the shop and should have installed by approx 3pm...

Looks like it is covered under the road hazard and the rims are fine, so I'll be out the pro rata difference between the old & new tires & two cab rides...

and one nut cover as on of them came off while CAA was putting the spare doughnut on the right rear :( (I just wish CAA would have actually listened when I said I needed a flatbed towtruck because of two right side flats... they had to tow the car in on the rear wheels which Ford clearly states is a no no in the manual for autotragic cars <_<)

NefCanuck
Just a final follow up. Got the car back with four properly inflated tires but lost a couple more of the Ford nut covers on the wheel bolts (and after I paid $50 in May to have the ones that had fallen off before replaced <_<)

So I'm thinking rather than pay Ford again for defective wheel nuts I'd ask if anyone knows of a source of GOOD nuts that they trust?

NefCanuck
Towing your auto car on the rear wheels will have no effect on your trans at all. Since it is front wheel drive...... The manual probably says not to tow it by the rear wheels, thus having the front wheels on the ground.