FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just recently bought a 07 ford focus zx5 ses with the gfx and i was wondering what hid's would fit on my car. thanx.
H4 , 9003 is part number
nothing will be made for your car thats for sure, you will have to go through the modification route, which is not recommended for reflector based headlight lenses anyway.
what size are the foglights?
if you swap in a 'retrofit kit' which is a hid bulb attached to a H4 base you would lose your high beams (i think there are some 'high/low' kits that apparently move the bulb around a bit to mimic the effect of a dual filament bulb) i dont have any first hand experience with any of these retrofit kits myself..

a less expensive route to get more light is to get a higher wattage bulb (say.. 100w) and get a heavy duty wiring harness. i used to run that setup in my focus. a drawback is that it produces a lot of heat, so it might make the lens bubble a little bit near the bulb. total cost is gonna be around $60.. $20 for the bulbs and $40 for the wiring harness
If you are wanting the HIDs and OEM, the only route is a 2000 - 2004 Down grade on your 2005 - 2007 Focus, it's costly and it will give you the right shape for the OEM Mach HIDs for your car.

and by going this route you'll be replacing everything from the front doors forward.

Frost__2001,May 24 2007, 11:39 AM Wrote:If you are wanting the HIDs and OEM, the only route is a 2000 - 2004 Down grade on your 2005 - 2007 Focus, it's costly and it will give you the right shape for the OEM Mach HIDs for your car.

and by going this route you'll be replacing everything from the front doors forward.
[right][snapback]239431[/snapback][/right]

good excuse to get a euro front end!
naz,May 24 2007, 06:00 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,May 24 2007, 11:39 AM Wrote:If you are wanting the HIDs and OEM, the only route is a 2000 - 2004 Down grade on your 2005 - 2007 Focus, it's costly and it will give you the right shape for the OEM Mach HIDs for your car.

[right][snapback]239431[/snapback][/right]

good excuse to get a euro front end!
[right][snapback]239489[/snapback][/right]

true, but if your going for the real deal the 2005 - 2007 washer bottle is on the passenger side, and the 2000 - 2004 model is on the driver's side, and the Euro washer bottle only comes in one side, unless you melt the bottle to fit the side repeaters.
are u guys that euro that you change all the bottles now? :o
NikiterZTS,May 24 2007, 09:31 PM Wrote:are u guys that euro that you change all the bottles now?  :o
[right][snapback]239510[/snapback][/right]

The euro washer fluid bottle has an indent built into it to allow for the fender side repeaters.. the north american bottle gets in the way so you can either modify it or replace it with the euro bottle.

But with the 2005+ having the bottle on the passenger side you don't really have the option of swapping to the euro bottle.
guilty,May 27 2007, 11:42 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,May 24 2007, 09:31 PM Wrote:are u guys that euro that you change all the bottles now?  :o
[right][snapback]239510[/snapback][/right]

The euro washer fluid bottle has an indent built into it to allow for the fender side repeaters.. the north american bottle gets in the way so you can either modify it or replace it with the euro bottle.

But with the 2005+ having the bottle on the passenger side you don't really have the option of swapping to the euro bottle.
[right][snapback]239722[/snapback][/right]

anyone have a tutorial on how to install hids on a 07 focus?
paolo,May 22 2007, 06:54 AM Wrote:nothing will be made for your car thats for sure, you will have to go through the modification route, which is not recommended for reflector based headlight lenses anyway.
[right][snapback]239208[/snapback][/right]

thanx but they do have a kit for my car and its already been installed