FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Would You Do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i m getting ready to do manual transmission swap..

by the end of feburary when weather gets warmer, i should have around $2500..

i was thinking to get another focus with manual transmission from private, pay $1000 cash and pay rest for labour..

but i also thought about get financed from dealer and pay around $200 monthly for 1 year..
buy clutch, flywheel and motor mounts for under $1000 and pay another $1000 or something for labour..

what would u do if you were me?
you'd be better off to drive the car with the manual tranny in it, aside from bling factor its the biggest waste of money.
Sounds expensive for a tranny swap
Buy a new car or just drive the one you have and be happy with it.

This project is a waste of money and my time answering your question.

End Rant.

Now go nights*** something.
Its a bad use of $$. For that price you could buy a decent focus and just move your cosmetic parts over from your old one. You'd get a car with less km's, newer year, etc.
Agree. burn you current car to the ground and buy a new one with manual tranny.

then go buck wild.
Keep the one with the automatic as a show car, have the manual tranny for the track.
NikiterZTS,Dec 12 2009, 01:39 AM Wrote:Sounds expensive for a tranny swap
[right][snapback]298387[/snapback][/right]

I've heard of someone with a Red SC Focus paying more than $8,000 for the tranny swap, from a performance shop. Thats FAWK....

Back On Topic
Finance will hopefully have a lil waarranty but paying over a long time for it might not be good, I would personally go with buying it out up front.
konafocuswrc,Dec 12 2009, 01:36 AM Wrote:i m getting ready to do manual transmission swap..

by the end of feburary when weather gets warmer, i should have around $2500..

i was thinking to get another focus with manual transmission from private, pay $1000 cash and pay rest for labour..

but i also thought about get financed from dealer and pay around $200 monthly for 1 year..
buy clutch, flywheel and motor mounts for under $1000 and pay another $1000 or something for labour..

what would u do if you were me?
[right][snapback]298385[/snapback][/right]

I agree with the others that this is a waste of money ... and furthermore, it's a nightmare waiting to happen - swaps like this rarely go right especially if you're doing it on a budget and as much as you might spend doing it in the first place, you can almost count on spending more to get it fixed afterwards.

If this is something you're bound and determined to go forward with ... you're better off finding a tranny and the other pieces you'll need at a junkyard, and then make a deal with a transmission shop to do the swap and keep your autotragic as part payment for it - there's no way you're going to get a full car for the same as a transmission only, and then you've got an undriveable car to deal with afterward ... no offense Leo, but every which way you look at this proposition you've got heartache and expense in your future.

My advice - be happy with the auto ... OR ... sell your car, buy a manual and then mod it the way you want over time - less overall expense, better value for your money, and basically no down time between auto and manual.

Oh ... and as to your original question - there's no way I'll ever finance an unnecessary mod - if you can't afford to pay cash then you can't afford it.
this is not just swapping project, i already have problem with my car..engine is giving me s***ty mpg(km) and stupid autotragic is slipping 3 rd gear..
and wasted money already to figure out idling problem..

so what i m saying is transfer engine, trans and other parts from used car(which runs better) to mine will solve my engine problem and trans..no?

and my buddy is doing swapping and he said he can get it done under $800 labour because all he has to do is transfer from 1 car to another and that way is cheaper on labour, instead of figuring out which goes to where..

i m planning doing F/I, so i thought this is better idea..??
if i want start from another manual focus, it has to be in white color but i don't see anywhere..

if you guys know or see anything is white zx3, i m buying that..let me know
4K, already modded, sell some mods and make some cash...

Copy this in IE and put HTTP:// in front.
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_...tes=photos,,

I see NOTHING wrong with this one..cmon its the start for something GGGRRRREAT!
konafocuswrc,Dec 12 2009, 08:54 PM Wrote:if you guys know or see anything is white zx3, i m buying that..let me know
[right][snapback]298418[/snapback][/right]

my zx3 is white and already modded just gotta add your boost that u want and its done! :)
hardk0re,Dec 12 2009, 09:54 PM Wrote:4K, already modded, sell some mods and make some cash...

Buy this one, because what it will cost to have stuff swapped and repainted would be cheaper than a tranny/motor swap
SL8RZZX3,Dec 13 2009, 09:37 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Dec 12 2009, 09:54 PM Wrote:4K, already modded, sell some mods and make some cash...

Buy this one, because what it will cost to have stuff swapped and repainted would be cheaper than a tranny/motor swap
[right][snapback]298446[/snapback][/right]

It was at Anthony's BBQ:

[Image: GONELOUPY_2.jpg]
dBlast,Dec 14 2009, 05:37 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Dec 13 2009, 09:37 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]298446[/snapback][/right]

It was at Anthony's BBQ:

[Image: GONELOUPY_2.jpg]
[right][snapback]298449[/snapback][/right]

This guy lives in Cambridge his name is Tristan....he is on here as well.
already know about access motors..
they have 1 grey focus and 1 red focus, both of them are non powered windows which i don't like about.. but i m thinking to talk to them about financing it..

and that white focus from cambridge, it got shaved door and other lots of thing i do not need..

if i m buying white focus, it will be close to stock..

and fatfocus, i like your mod but i do not have that much to pay at once..that is the problem..
konafocuswrc,Dec 14 2009, 09:01 PM Wrote:already know about access motors..
they have 1 grey focus and 1 red focus, both of them are non powered windows which i don't like about.. but i m thinking to talk to them about financing it..

and that white focus from cambridge, it got shaved door and other lots of thing i do not need..

if i m buying white focus, it will be close to stock..

and fatfocus, i like your mod but i do not have that much to pay at once..that is the problem..
[right][snapback]298464[/snapback][/right]

i can always remove some stuff and the price will be lower
WOW 4 g's thats pretty cheap but yaa no door handles means no passing safety.
ZX3_2NV,Dec 15 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:WOW 4 g's thats pretty cheap but yaa no door handles means no passing safety.
[right][snapback]298477[/snapback][/right]

Really? No door handles = no safety???
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 15 2009, 09:42 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Dec 15 2009, 02:57 PM Wrote:WOW 4 g's thats pretty cheap but yaa no door handles means no passing safety.
[right][snapback]298477[/snapback][/right]

Really? No door handles = no safety???
[right][snapback]298484[/snapback][/right]

ya the inspector wont be able to open the doors to check the horn and stuff.. :D :D

lol
Pages: 1 2