FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Vw Gti W12 650
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOS2Go4Me,May 18 2007, 02:17 PM Wrote:The VR6 Corrardo was good... the S/C one is a heap. Passats... well, you can take a PASS AT owning one, but you'll likely trade it in.

Now a Golf GTI with a DSG... *drool*
[right][snapback]238916[/snapback][/right]

My Passat has been perfect. Has 80 k on it. Never been back to the dealer, doesn't rattle, everything works, drives like new , all I do is change the oil and filters at the recommended 16000 km intervals. More than I can say about my Focus that only had 40 k on it.

If your gonna pass on the Passat you better pass on the A4 as well. They are the same car.
it is kinda like the Focus RS8, but you can go out and build an RS8 if you have a bout 40k and Focus to spare.

and the Passats are nice car, the new A4 is my perfect car.
that's crazy!

wasn't there a kit a while back that converts a focus to be mid engine with a V8?
naz,May 22 2007, 06:52 PM Wrote:that's crazy!

wasn't there a kit a while back that converts a focus to be mid engine with a V8?
[right][snapback]239289[/snapback][/right]

mid engine?

I know the kruger kit does the swap, but still keeps the engine in front.
That is one impressive machine I too would love to see that thing on the road but I don't think they can make a good enough argument to take it into production. As for VW's reliability I have friends with VR6's, TDI's and 4 cyl jobs and the ones that complain the least are the guys with the TDI's there cars get crazy mileage and are incredibly tough when it comes to reliability, the VR6 guys are always trying to push the envelope and break down a bit but the guys with the regular 4 cyls get stuck with lousy reliability and end up pissed off and selling.

Laterz :)
If I end up with lots of "silly money", S/Ced 4.6L DOHC Cobra motor into a ZX5 hatch and a Tremec T-56 transmission FTW.
Pages: 1 2