FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking To Join The Rcmp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm starting the process next week. Writing the first exam for it. One of many steps involved in the recruiting process. Anyone know of family or friends that have done this, their thoughts, suggestions, or even tips on moving through it without issues or roadblocks. Would be much appriciated
i did my ATS test.....is that kind of what you're doing?
thats a big step to take in joining the RCMP. I hear the training pretty hard once your accepted, and you get to enjoy all the wonders of Regina while your there.
ya I know all about the training. Actually looking forward to it. Big step, you have no idea......I am going from a moldmaker here in windsor of 10 years to trying this.
A friend of mine, now OPP, was going through the process for RCMP first but once he found out that you don't get pay for 6 months he decided not to. Not sure if they changed it... Not sure if it was during school or not.
there is a guy here that did this while back, he used to have a focus,but now drives a civic i think. Can't remember his name.

you should talk to him, thats if i could ever remember his name :)
Got it, lordkingod might be able to help you

good luck
ya still no pay during the training. Found a loophole, I can collect EI while gone, beings it is also considered some kind of re-education.
laidman,May 18 2007, 07:58 AM Wrote:ya still no pay during the training.  Found a loophole, I can collect EI while gone, beings it is also considered some kind of re-education.
[right][snapback]238860[/snapback][/right]

That is not guaranteed, you have to go through an interview process with the UIC office and state you case. If you are quitting an existing job to go RCMP you very likely would NOT get pogey.

Someone here (on FC) from out west applied to RCMP and various city forces, I remember a few threads about it and what was involved. The name escapes me.
I know if I quit I get nothing, but I also know if they (WORK) finds out I am doing this I will be let go ASAP. Ya there is the whole interview process I still have to do. Alot of things still ahead of me but so far I have nothing keeping me from doing this
Chad (S2) was applying for city police in Saskatoon but never did get on with them, he tired a bunch of time and never got on with them. I'm not too sure what he's doing now.

and he has a Volvo not a Civic.
The person they're referring to is Pat (lordkingod) but yes Chad applied to a few services (police and fire too, if my memory serves) and didn't have any luck.
ya rcmp is tough to get into

if the training isnt hard enough i hear the lie detector is pretty crude and to the point.
well at least with the lie detector, as long as you are honest and not hiding anything. There is nothing that would be held against you. All the questions on that test are filled out by you a month or so before, then just gone over during the test to make sure you were not lying. I was told that everyone has skeletons and the whole point to this test is if you had done anything wrong admit it and show some signs that you realized that it was wrong and know better not to do it again.

I tried one of their practice exams today, and got 73% not bad I think. 115 questions all multiple choice, and took about 2 hours. I'm going to look over my study guide one more time and I think I will be ready for Tuesday.............I hope so......