FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Smart Finance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, long time again eh? I thought I would post this since so many people here are in Southern Ontario and can understand this.

So my fuel light comes on yesterday while I'm out at lunch paying my property taxes. On the way back I got o my normal fuel stop to find gas at $1.139 WTF yesterday it was 1.029, soo off I got to my backup, same story. Ok I know it's a long weekend coming up but it's Wednesday lunchtime it's a bit early for the normal long weekend bump yet.

I have to pick my Fiance up from work today in Niagara Falls which gets me thinking. I pick her up and the first thing she sees displayed on the radio is low fuel. I ran out of gas twice last year so she's like get to a station now I don't want to have to walk in the rain. LOL I am honey don't worry I say as I drive towards and then across the Rainbow bridge. I filled up for $38.61 USD. With conversion and bridge toll that comes to $45.00 even. A savings of $15.00

We sit on the worlds largest gas reserves, they go to war and all we get was high gas prices.

The moral of the story, if your close to the border, do some cross border fuel shopping.

( And before anyones says why would I need to save money. Apart from being a tight ass MF when it comes to my money I'm also a broke ass MF paying for my wedding this year.)
I here you about the wedding man. We are also paying for the big day ourselves, but luckily I haven't been driving for the past 3 months. Lets just say I cannot wait to get behind the wheel again but I am not looking forward to the sticker shock at the pumps.
wedding .......... *uck I can sympathise. Mine is 10 Aug ...
We paid for all of ours ourselves, too... wedding AND honeymoon. I know your pain.

Yes, we're being gouged. Not much will fix it for most of those in the GTA (aside from the still-lowest prices in the province) or those of us north / north-west of Barrie.

At least you're smart enough to take advantage of a good situation! Good work!
I'm not getting married, but stretching a buck is always good. What sucks is I have 1/4 tank and tomorrow is pay day, so I'm gonna have to pay @ 1.20/l to get some gas, this is retarded. I wish I was closer to the border sometimes
dlb,May 17 2007, 10:00 AM Wrote:wedding .......... *uck I can sympathise.  Mine is 10 Aug ...
[right][snapback]238761[/snapback][/right]
Perfect Honeymoon, Focuscanada BBQ
oldeguy,May 17 2007, 11:46 AM Wrote:
dlb,May 17 2007, 10:00 AM Wrote:wedding .......... *uck I can sympathise.  Mine is 10 Aug ...
[right][snapback]238761[/snapback][/right]
Perfect Honeymoon, Focuscanada BBQ
[right][snapback]238779[/snapback][/right]

which would then lead to the "Perfect Divorce" mate :lol:

Gah... I'm only down 1/2 a tank and I'm absolutely dreading filling up the next time :ph34r: (Of course if I don't actually go anywhere on the weekend I can survive until the gas comes back down by next Wed... maybe <_<)

NefCanuck
I dont really drive anymore...........and man do I save money!!

I never really realized how expensive fuel was until I cut my driving to a 10th of what it used to be.
I'm on vapours (gas light will come on sometime today for sure), just trying to decide how much I'll bend over (1/2 tank or fill 'er up).
I guess you guys are not members or users of this site.

http://www.ontariogasprices.com/Quick_Search.aspx

and to those in other provinces, and those in the USA, you can find your Province or US State by changing the Ontario in the link to your Province or state.

it's a good site to find cheaper gas close to you.
$123.9 in Thunder Bay... I'm glad for 2 things.
1) That I live in Southern Ontario
2) I barely drive -- I'll put more miles on this weekend than I did driving to work every day from Sept-April.
quit yer complaining ;) I had to fill up (94 octane) at $1.35 yesterday in Vancouver. The posted price for regular was 1.24
theres been time that a fill up has been 60$ for me. 60$ in a focus?!?!?! I hate the gas companies, with there multi BIllion dollar profits, they can kiss my a$$
I remember cross border fuel shopping growing up a few minutes from Cornwall. We'd go over and fill up the Aerostar (80L tank) and a 20L jerry can for $15 on the Mohawk reserve, vs $50 on the Canadian side.

I think I might be taking a trip shortly with the Freestar to Ogdensburg to fill up...

Ryan
I put $10.00 in the Mini this morning that should take me well into Tuesday but I would be royally screwed if I had to run the SUV this weekend. :D

Laterz :)
I put 10 bucks in yesterday. If I have to put more before Tuesday I'd be surprised.
Frost__2001,May 18 2007, 09:05 AM Wrote:I guess you guys are not members or users of this site.

and to those in other provinces, and those in the USA, you can find your Province or US State by changing the Ontario in the link to your Province or state.

[right][snapback]238862[/snapback][/right]
No big cities..........no small cities.

It's a pretty useless website for those of us in the GTA.
its not europe yet guys.. go out there and by cars with huge motors before gas gets even higher.

naz,May 19 2007, 02:06 PM Wrote:its not europe yet guys.. go out there and by cars with huge motors before gas gets even higher.
[right][snapback]238985[/snapback][/right]

True but the price of gas is high in the EU because of the tax that each country put on the gas. They don't need or drive be cars because A) The have a fantastic mass transit system. B) The country's are small and very centralized. C) Big cars get taxed like crazy, oh and they don't fit down some of the roads.

Hang on though, when I was in the UK three weeks ago I paid 99.0p a liter. Ok for me that was about $3.00 a liter but thats with the dollar conversion. It's not too bad for locals.

meford4u,May 19 2007, 09:14 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,May 18 2007, 09:05 AM Wrote:I guess you guys are not members or users of this site.

[right][snapback]238862[/snapback][/right]
No big cities..........no small cities.

It's a pretty useless website for those of us in the GTA.
[right][snapback]238961[/snapback][/right]

actually with larger citys in the GTA meford it's torontogasprices.com
Euro Ford Fan,May 23 2007, 12:46 PM Wrote:
naz,May 19 2007, 02:06 PM Wrote:its not europe yet guys.. go out there and by cars with huge motors before gas gets even higher.
[right][snapback]238985[/snapback][/right]

True but the price of gas is high in the EU because of the tax that each country put on the gas. They don't need or drive be cars because A) The have a fantastic mass transit system. B) The country's are small and very centralized. C) Big cars get taxed like crazy, oh and they don't fit down some of the roads.

Hang on though, when I was in the UK three weeks ago I paid 99.0p a liter. Ok for me that was about $3.00 a liter but thats with the dollar conversion. It's not too bad for locals.
[right][snapback]239342[/snapback][/right]

yes yes very true.. taxes are a huge factor in gas prices.. but all the same.. as it stands right now demand for gas is essentially infinite and gas supply is most def not infinite.. sooo.. one way or the other.. gas is going to get stupid expensive (hopefully not soon)

no need for big car.. just biggest/badest motor in the smallest car possible

now's the time there ever will be to buy a RS4 in all its 11mpg premium fuel only glory!