FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Happens When You Go On Vacation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

j.a.dj

so i go on vacation to mexico for a week and leave my car at my ( so called ) friends house in calgary and told him to park my car in his underground parking , so he sed ok and i sad dont mess up my car you have your own car to drive , and he says ok.
so i come home from a wonderfull vacation and this is what i get.

[Image: DSC00492.jpg]

[Image: DSC00489.jpg]

[Image: DSC00496.jpg]

he was out on friday the 13th and hit a parked car as he came around the cornner......
i cryed a little...

this is what it use to look like

[Image: DSCF0019.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0015.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0013.jpg]

1) Got a Lawyer?
2) Did you hit him?
3) I had to wipe a couple of tears away too, and it isn't my car.

It's bad enough when we do it ourselves, but when a"friend" does it, that sucks huge.
duuuude.....you're buddy owns u a new car......personaly i don't like that kind of front bumpers anyway
that sucks balls for sure.....

did you at least punch him in the face and broke a couple of his teeth?
damn....that totally sucks....

yeah umm....speechless.

Written. Mine had less damage and it got a write off.
Get a lawyer and sue his ass. Does he have insurance? Have the claim put through on his policy. I don't think he is going to be much of a friend when this is all settled. Hope the vacation was good. Sucks what you came home to though.
Holy $%^*...

Aside from the obvious advice of get a lawyer and prepare to go to town on your "friends" ass there's not much more I can say...

If I came back from vacation and my car looked like that I'm thinking I'd be committing murder after a good crying jag :blink: <_< :(

NefCanuck
#1 - punch "friend" in the mouth if you made it clear not to drive it
#2 - Dont trust friends , ends up ruining friendships
#3 - that sucks ass hope it works out
no bigge, it will buff right out.

Couple of things,
1- Never lend anything to anyone unless you are certain they will be able to have replacement value. I only lend my car to one guy, bc i know he can afford to buy me a new one :)

2- I'm hoping he has called his insurance compnay and they are going to pay for the damages.

3- If he says he is going to pay you/help you fix it, you say no and you walk away from it.

Goodluck and let us know how it turns out.

go with Mo's advice, and ignore the 'punch in face' advice.. you don't need a countersuit later on..

Sorry this had to happen to you... I'd personally hope my friends are better than that..
Wow I'm speechless. Thats insane, I hope everything works out for the better. Here I am thinking I had bad luck.........
Wow, that really sucks! hope his insurance is covering it
what happened?..............

j.a.dj

my friend is paying for everything and his inshurence is going up not mine he got a $ 700.00 fine for undue care and atention and my old lady beat me to hitinfg him so it make him look even worse that a girl did it.
other than that sgi ( my inshurence) skrewed me and gave me half of what i payed for it including all the extras.
but now im looking to buy a svt so if anyone knows anyone selling pne ill come get it.....
j.a.dj,May 17 2007, 05:38 AM Wrote:my friend is paying for everything  and his inshurence is going up not mine he got a $ 700.00 fine for undue care and atention and my old lady beat me to hitinfg him so it make him look even worse that a girl  did it.
other than that sgi ( my inshurence) skrewed me and  gave me half of what i payed for it including all the extras.
but now im looking to buy a  svt  so if anyone knows anyone selling pne ill come get it.....
[right][snapback]238736[/snapback][/right]

It took me 4 times to read it, but I think I understood what you said.
Wow, just freaking wow.

I would have popped him one for sure, countersuit be damned. Your old lady needs a beer for her efforts!

Get it settled and get yourself a new car. Then, pull up at buddy's place, call him down and inform him he'll never get a ride in it. EVER.

SGI is provincially-run, right? Makes me think twice about wanting to do away with private insurance in Ontario when they do s*** like that.

Good luck with the car hunt!
j.a.dj,May 17 2007, 05:38 AM Wrote:my friend is paying for everything  and his inshurence is going up not mine he got a $ 700.00 fine for undue care and atention and my old lady beat me to hitinfg him so it make him look even worse that a girl  did it.
other than that sgi ( my inshurence) skrewed me and  gave me half of what i payed for it including all the extras.
but now im looking to buy a  svt  so if anyone knows anyone selling pne ill come get it.....
Check Autotrader. There is a few online
I'd be making headlines.

j.a.dj

D-Dub,May 17 2007, 10: Wrote:

It took me 4 times to read it, but I think I understood what you said.
[right][snapback]238738[/snapback][/right]
ya sorry i was alittle drunk last night....
that sucks Garret, SGI is a little difficult to deal with sometime. Just has all your bills and that it to arbitration if you don't agree on the amount.

as for finding a used SVTF, there aren't too many around Sask. Think there was EAP SVT in black in Regina for sale awhile ago. I'm not ready to part with mine right now.
Pages: 1 2