FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been on the email list for MINI Canada a few years and get invites to test drives and parties and stuff. Here is the latest and best so far:

"Dear Andrew,

You and a guest have been selected to buckle up and take The MINI Challenge. This is an exclusive opportunity to experience MINI and its competitors in a unique environment under the direction of professional driving instructors.

Test the Next Generation MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S against the VW Rabbit, Mazda3 GS, VW GTI and Audi A3.

By driving these vehicles through the same controlled course, you will be able to judge for yourself which vehicles perform the best."

Nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
do u have to be a member for a certain period of time? something that i would like to do on saturday u know....
Quote:Nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Indeed a very nice way to spend a afternoon, I went last year and it was a blast unfortunately no matter how much my brother and I asked they wouldn't let us take our Mini's on the track and show them how its done old school. Now that they have included other cars this should definitely be a good day out.

Laterz :)
Not sure how it works, I signed up for an "open" event like three years ago and have been getting invites to various things ever since.

I would say there probably is some sort of mailing list on the MINI website but you are probably too late for this year's event. This is the first time they have done a head to head with other cars as K_OS mentioned.

They don't flood your email or pressure you either, only invite you to stuff so that is pretty good. I normally don't go on mailing lists for any company.

I don't currently have a "guest" yet but do have three "auditions" for the position in the next two days and they are all better looking than you Nik :lol:
.......i'll shave my face and legs B)
NikiterZTS,May 16 2007, 10:49 AM Wrote:.......i'll shave my face and legs  B)
[right][snapback]238644[/snapback][/right]
You probably would need a bit of surgery too, and a name change.
oldeguy,May 16 2007, 09:54 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,May 16 2007, 10:49 AM Wrote:.......i'll shave my face and legs  B)
[right][snapback]238644[/snapback][/right]
You probably would need a bit of surgery too, and a name change.
[right][snapback]238646[/snapback][/right]
i wonder if Andrew is got high standards

[Image: trans.jpg]
I just got an invite for the test drive of the Ford Edge at a local dealer... Boy, am I excited! :rolleyes:

The best unveiling/test drive event I went to was for the Porsche Cayenne. Fine German food, German beer, and test drives. Too bad it was snowing that day, or they would have let us take out the 911 GT3 they had there...

Oh, and Nik, if that is what you look like in a dress, I think you may have a date... :D

Ryan
Nik wishes he looked that good in a dress. LOL
Damm i get emails from Mini all the time. I guess i should remove the emails from my junk mail and actually start reading them. :)

I also got the Edge invitation, but I think i'm going to budget and rent the edge for couple of days. That way i would really get a good feel for it. I'm seriously considering the Edge as the next vehicle replacing the Escape in 2 yrs.
Forgot one more thing.

Andrew, make sure you get lot of pictures and let us know which one you would be seriously considering when its time to replace the impreza/focus
sounds like fun! i wonder if they will 'cheat' and put like.. r comps on the minis and stock tires on everything else?

always great to beat on other ppl's car

EDIT: my guess for replacement of wrx is 335i or is350.. i can't see anything on that list being a viable replacement
Nothing will ever replace the Sube except another Sube but that won't be for a long time. As for the Focus that won't be for a while either. Wouldn't have minded seeing a C30 with the T5 in that line up.

This event is Sat June 2nd so don't expect a report this weekend. When it does you know I will take lots of pics, check tires et al. The only bias will be the course itself which is VERY tight and ideal for the MINI.

naz,May 17 2007, 03:09 AM Wrote:EDIT: my guess for replacement of wrx is 335i or is350.. i can't see anything on that list being a viable replacement
[right][snapback]238733[/snapback][/right]

my guess for replacement of wrx is WRX STI ;)
NikiterZTS,May 17 2007, 01:57 PM Wrote:my guess for replacement of wrx is WRX STI  ;)
[right][snapback]238759[/snapback][/right]

yea probably.. i figured you know.. he is getting old (j/k).. he'll want some leather and soundproofing for his daily driver

if the course will be very tight i think the A3 with DSG and AWD might be competitive (super easily rev match downshifts, and no wheelspin on exit in low speed corners)
OK, the woman I had in mind to take to this was getting a bit TOO close for my comfort so I never ended up inviting her, besides I have my eye on something else. Any way.................

I asked Steve but he is off to the Jays game, I asked Ashly but she has a b-day party to attend to so I have a "guest pass" to use up for this.

You'd have to meet me at the old Downsview air force base by 3pm. I will be the tall chap with a silver WRX wagon.

The spot belongs to the first person to call me at 416-738-1160

I will post again once the vacancy is filled.
2001 ZTS,Jun 2 2007, 04:31 PM Wrote:The spot belongs to the first person to call me..
[right][snapback]240324[/snapback][/right]

ugh. i rock at the calling up / showing up routine.. if i was living in toronto i'd have been all over this like a fat kid on a box of krispy kreme

have fun.. post pics!