FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sub/amp Combo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to 'jazz' up the stock system in my car, and I was wondering what you guys thought of this combination of sub and amp. It's on sale at Futureshop right now for 199. I know that I could get a great stereo and pay more, but I want to try and keep the spending on the low side.

If I get this combination, will it sound cheap? Or will it be decent for the amount of money it's going to cost?

Bazooka 250 Watt mono amp
Rockford Fosgate P110S4 Punch 10" sub
Bassworx hatchback sub box

Thanks
just get a stollen one :ph34r:

i keed-i keed :rolleyes:
too bad you dont live near London. I coulda sold you mine for less than half that....but its not as fancy...
aside forom that Id say go to a actual car audio shop.. I almost had mine installed at future shop but then a friend who worked there told me not too... And most audio specialty shops will price match
PDW,May 15 2007, 05:39 PM Wrote:too bad you dont live near London. I coulda sold you mine for less than half that....but its not as fancy...
aside forom that Id say go to a actual car audio shop.. I almost had mine installed at future shop but then a friend who worked there told me not too... And most audio specialty shops will price match
[right][snapback]238576[/snapback][/right]

I'll be in London at some point this summer, meeting some people at Western U.
Do you still have the system/still want to get rid of it?
ZX5chica,May 15 2007, 10:50 PM Wrote:I'll be in London at some point this summer, meeting some people at Western U.
Do you still have the system/still want to get rid of it?
[right][snapback]238578[/snapback][/right]
I do but its pending.... meaning Im just waiting for my $70
And I'll be totaly honest here in saying its an older setup that is very basic.. if you want something decent/sleeker looking your better off buying something newer...

and by old I mean its a phoenix gold 2180 and a sony explod 10 incher in a very basic box... I dont even think theyre made anymore.....
199 isnt a bad price... you will get component warranty at least. But as you are aware im sure, you get what you pay for in car audio. I think it might sound ok after its broke in a bit. What kind of music do you listen to primarily? A sealed box will sound a bit tighter but will not be as loud as a ported box for the same sub. Also you will be pushing 150wRMS at full volume not 250. That sub is 4ohm 150wrms. Should be ok.
Shop around a little, and take the advertised Future Shop add with you. In Ottawa, go see what Derand and Joe's Car Audio will do for you to compete with it. They can probably offer you slightly higher quality for roughly the same price.

One thing to keep in mind, car audio has rediculous mark up. Usually looking at over 50% profit. So there is always a little room to negotiate. :D

Ryan
I'd make some recommendations, but they all hover around Alpine and Pioneer / Pioneer Premier. My tastes are a little disparate from what you're looking for.

I'd say that sounds decent, but yeah... shop around at smaller, local shops.
Rockford Fosgate has gone down in quaitly from what they were before, I would look at another brand besides them. If your looking for entry/mid range car audio, I'd personally go with Boston Accoutics. There amps are really good and can usually be found for a good price and subs are outstanding.

a GT22 amp and 10" G1 or G2 sub will give you a lot of bass and sounds good.
I'll take the suggestion and check out some of the smaller shops in Ottawa.

I'm not in any hurry, but I want to get something done before the end of the summer.