FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Doors Open Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.toronto.ca/doorsopen/index.htm

Wifey saw this advertised on the TTC today... we're gonna go hit it up next Saturday. Looks like a really interesting tour to learn about Toronto.
Dunno if anyone headed out to do this at all, but if you didn't, I highly recommend it next year!

I'll put pictures up tonight... I took over 200, my brother in law took about 100, and another friend took I don't know how many. So much to see, and so little time.

Some of the places we went to:

-U of T (Soldier's Tower was awesome)
-Mackenzie House
-Elgin Winter Garden
-Carlu
-Distillery District
-Steamwhistle
-Redpath Sugar
-Toronto Necropolis Cemetery
-Todmorden Mills (snore)

We missed going to Lower Bay Station though. We got there right before it was going to open, and the line was massive. Next year.

We had lunch on Sunday down in the distillery district at some Oyster Bar too, and it was REALLY good. Had a local beer too, I think it was called Mill St. Brewery.. was <borat> VERY NICE </borat>

Overall, was a lot of fun, and learned a LOT about Toronto. Our legs are really beat though, it was a LOT of walking.
I wanted to go, but I had just come back from a week long trip.

There are a lot of interesting places that I always wanted to see inside.
UofT has a lot of nice buildings (except Robart's LOL). Soldier's Tower is very moving. Most places on campus are open all the time anyway and can be seen anyday as were a lot of the other places in Toronto on that list. You may have to pay a tidbit but never very much and it helps with the restoration/upkeep.

First year calculus at UofT used Convocation Hall back in my day, 3 different sittings of 2000 students each. :lol:

"Welcome to UofT you are a number not a name", mine was 86051370 and had to write it on every submision and did so often enough that I remember it 20+ years later.