FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sct Flash Tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have baught the sct flash tuner. which i got a wicked deal on. but the dealers*** as i like to call it dynoed the car and set it up by never saved the profile into the tuner so once i returned it back to stock the only options i had were to custom tune, and i finally decided to put the cd into my computer and see what was on it and realized i can tune right from my laptop. but i dont seem to have the proper cable and i feel like i am lacking some of the knowledge in how to properly use it. and do custom tunes. if you have any ideas on what the cable is and how to propery set up the spark and air/fuel and so on. i would apreciate it.
what were your numbers on that dyno?

and much was that Xcal?
The cable is the USB printer cable, just bring your sct to your local computer store and show them the plug.
I guess you better contact focussport and just buy the tune for your car's computer code. I got my xcal2/tune from a member in FF who said it was from focussport which I find out it wasn't after dyno day... my fuel is way too rich and off the chart..err!!!!!!
j-boot72,May 14 2007, 11: Wrote:So i have baught the sct flash tuner. which i got a wicked deal on. but the dealers*** as i like to call it dynoed the car and set it up by never saved the profile into the tuner
I'd say they owe you an other tune!
well i wish they would, but they never gave me a dyno print out and never saved the tune. so im just going to try and make my own. or maybe take it some where else and get them to do it.
Theres actually no way to flash your car without saving the profile to the tuner, the tuner is how it gets on your car. Unless they flashed your sct, flashed your car then re-wrote the files to the sct...

Just go back to the place and ask for a quick demo on how to use the sct.

note: "custom tune" should have options under it to flash your car, with up to 3 different tunes listed under this section.
ye and i thought mine would have the 3 options. but it doesnt. its all just custom tune or return to stock
Did you buy it from an SCT authorized dealer (and if so, who is it) or was it a private sale?

j-boot72,May 16 2007, 01: Wrote:ye and i thought mine would have the 3 options. but it doesnt. its all just custom tune or return to stock
[right][snapback]238667[/snapback][/right]
select custom tune, under there are your tunes....perhaps it only shows custom tune because they only gave you 1 tune.
i baught it from a ford dealer. that offers svt, saleen and so on. lol dixie ford.
j-boot72,May 16 2007, 02: Wrote:i baught it from a ford dealer. that offers svt, saleen and so on. lol  dixie ford.
[right][snapback]238685[/snapback][/right]

hey how much was it? with tax and all
i got it for i think 3 bills no tax. but they retail at like 450-500 + tax. got to love knowing someone on the inside. lol and that gets u cost price. but i think when i get some $$ ima take it back. get them to re-flash it. and then get them to show me how to use it properly. but i did get the right cable and havent tried to use it with my lap top yet. but maybe tommarow