FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb Lift Ring Shift Knob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one getting rid of a shift knob that is lift ring reverse proper?

02ztsian

How about a stock shift knob?
What condition is it in.
And what stock shift knob?. The one I have is the round silver one and the paint was damaged on it when i purchased the car. Got the stock black leather one to, dont like it lol.

Either that or I have considered putting in a short shifter.
Not sure what you mean by "life ring", but I've got a stock silver knob around here somewhere.. it's in pretty good shape, no major defects or anything.

You can also use any aftermarket knob if you want to remove the reverse lock-out feature on the shifter.
guilty,May 15 2007, 06:26 PM Wrote:Not sure what you mean by "life ring", but I've got a stock silver knob around here somewhere.. it's in pretty good shape, no major defects or anything.

You can also use any aftermarket knob if you want to remove the reverse lock-out feature on the shifter.
[right][snapback]238573[/snapback][/right]

Noted and fixed.

And when you use aftermarket ones what do you tie the boot to that it wont fall off?
Mason,May 15 2007, 07:31 PM Wrote:And when you use aftermarket ones what do you tie the boot to that it wont fall off?
[right][snapback]238590[/snapback][/right]

I think people have just zip-tied the boot to the shifter itself.. I've never done it myself but I'd think that's how it could be done. If you tie it on tight enough it shouldn't go anywhere, there's no forces pulling down on the boot unless you pull down on it on purpose.
guilty,May 17 2007, 11:04 PM Wrote:
Mason,May 15 2007, 07:31 PM Wrote:And when you use aftermarket ones what do you tie the boot to that it wont fall off?
[right][snapback]238590[/snapback][/right]

I think people have just zip-tied the boot to the shifter itself.. I've never done it myself but I'd think that's how it could be done. If you tie it on tight enough it shouldn't go anywhere, there's no forces pulling down on the boot unless you pull down on it on purpose.
[right][snapback]238819[/snapback][/right]

Tried this yesterday for the record. The stock shift boot is to short :lol: cant tie it to the shift knob.

Still looking for one.
**bump**
I have a Billet knob from my B&M short shift i don't need and it can be used with the reverse lock out. and i have a billet lock out lever too, but i believe it might only work on a short throw shifter. PM me if interested

edit: i also have the whole stock assembly (silver shift knob, stock reverse lock out, stock shifter) if you wanted to cut a stock shifter down to be used with the billet reverse lock out

OR

you can go to Ford and buy an RS shift knob that is reverse lock out friendly, for i think $100?
The problem is. 100$ is a lot of money for a shift knob.
Get a whole new shifter for that.