FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Possible New Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so - finally got rid of the focus and am looking at this

[Image: jeep_compass_1315.jpg]

the 2007 jeep compass

rides nice - lots of toys

let you know when i pickup
The Caliber looks much nicer imo... if your into that style. If you really want a Jeep, get a real Jeep... at least a Liberty.
Nice!
That's quite the jump from the FoFo.

Love to see picks when you pick it up Craig!
Don't get the Liberty just because the ride is so garbage!
one thing about the cumpus... watch out with the cheap plastics in the interior as I have heard they are very prone to getting scraches really easy.
I've heard almost nothing but negative things about the Compass, at least take a look at the Patriot. Same platform but it has some off road ability unlike the Compass, and its pretty much priced the same (maybe slightly more but not much).

[Image: patriot_18.jpg]
1 negative vote here for the Caliber / Compass. Don't bother. The toys don't negate the rest of the craptacularity of the car. Blech.

Just get a Wrangler? If you want any offroading at all... that's the way to go. Especially at that price point.
have to agree with the rest of the gang here. Most mags/tv shows rate the compass very cheap built and not good over all. If you are serious about this car do some research before you get it.

goodluck Momo
seems like it is quite underpowered with only 170hp for a 3300lb vehicle plus automatic transmission only.. and i dont think it has any type of locking diffs or low range gearset..

on paper it seems like a non turbo subaru wagon is similar, except the sube is more reliable and handles better

why not get a used turbo wagon (legacy gt, wrx, s4 etc) instead?

well deal is sealed - no compass

[Image: caliber.jpg]

red caliber - sxt version with alot of toys ordered

i like - more room for me inside - pics to come soon

the jeep was too tight and tippy - cant have that

post later........

picking up on saturday!!!!!!
Hopefully not the CVT transmission <_< cause if you did... I hope to hell you got cruise control too!

I've never hated a single transmission more in my life than the one in the Caliber we drove for two weeks in April.