FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New For The Summer.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So have been trying to decide what kind of wheels to go for over the winter. Didnt want to get something that was common. Wanted something that isnt on a focus that often. Mitch (ZX3Tuning) came upon something that was just what i wanted. After some work and lots of time. Finaly got them mounted up yesterday.

Befor....
[Image: P9252111.jpg]

After....
[Image: focus036.jpg]
[Image: focus038.jpg]
[Image: picss003.jpg]

15inch BBS RS 3 peice wheels. 8.5" rear and 7" front. 2.5" Kodiak outer lips on the backs with stock inner lips. Fronts are just stock inner and outer lips. Wrapped in Toyo T1R 195/15/50 front and 205/15/55 rear. Still need to get new inner lips to get more stretch on the rears.

A few more pics....

[Image: focus037.jpg]
[Image: focus054.jpg]

And some pics from our Show N Shine....

[Image: focus049.jpg]
[Image: focus050.jpg]
[Image: focus051.jpg]
[Image: focus042.jpg]
[Image: focus052.jpg]
[Image: GroupZoom.jpg]
that is freakin original love it man.
Well done and wonderfully executed :)

NefCanuck
Seen on a few Euros, Still makes me wanna :puke:

Props for going for your own style though?
i don't mind them....i think they are good for a change.....too many euro SVT rims out there

how much to those wheels weight with tires and all?
Why did you go with 15"s? Usually ppl go bigger than stock, not smaller. Is there a new trend we should all know about?
I donno, those rims just don't suit your car much.... I think it's the crome on the yellow that makes it look so off to me.

plus your fender repeaters are off centre.
I've always liked BBS rims. Using 15" rims is different, Wouldn't mind knowing why you picked that size. Although I personally wouldn't have bought the black and chrome, maybe black and brushed Aluminum. But, I 'm thinking that you picked the black because of all the black on the Focus. Again though, if you like it, and it doesn't make you feel like your driving a Kenworth, good job.
Nice rims.... oh nice windshield banners.. I think I should drive up there for a photo shoot :)
I'm diggin' the look. I :wub: lip.

Personally, I think they'd look better on my car, but anyway... :D

Ryan
thanks for the comments boys. Its totaly a case of each to their own with these wheels. i have loved these wheels since i can remeber and when mitch got some centers i had to jump on them.

chromey if you can post up some pics or a link to foci with these wheels that would be great. i havent found any pics and have been searching hard.

not to sure what the weight is. they are lighter than stockers tho. even with rubber.

why go with 15's? it all about the look. 15's with stretch can be tucked up nicer. i like the look of small wheels. this way i get to run a bigger profile tire and not have to worry bout bending lips. also for the coulour i chose to have them done black because the gold colour that they used to be wasnt to nice. also the chrome with black is a nice contrast.

the fenders are oem euro fenders right out of the UK so the repeaters are not off center. must just be the way the photo makes them look.

off topic......what does ur yellow beast run in 1/4?
How bad does throw your speedometer off?

For some reason I think those would add inaccurate milage no??? :blink:

Interesting look to say the least.

Any side shots?
Looks great! Reminds me of my old '88 LX 5.0 wheels.
Are those rear tires legal? Is the tread allowed to stick out of the body in B.C.? Cops can be pricks at times :ph34r: .
no clue what the 1/4 times are. never taken it to the trak.

spedo is not affected to much. i only changed from a 60 series to 45 series so there might be a bit but nothing worse then changing to 17 or 18's

as long as the tires dont stick out more than 2 in on each side then im fine. the flares with fix this tho
no pics of just side on but here are a few more anyway

[Image: P5120013.jpg]
[Image: P5120011.jpg]
[Image: P5120007.jpg]
[Image: P5120006.jpg]
man those wheels are awsome.. there super light and super strong and 15"s are cheap on tires!!!
Mmmm Euro goodness....not something I would put on my car but they do look good. Now you need some Euro spec bumpers though...
I keep seeing this thread title and always keep lookiong at it even though I know Ive seen it a dozen times... those wheels are so freaking weird but I cant stop looking at them... I would never buy them, but I dont hate them.......they are an enigma...lol
They remind me of the old formula 1 tires:

[Image: 2902-792311.jpg]
Pages: 1 2