FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ~ Fabric Protector - What To Use? ~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm debating on adding some level of fabric protection to ease in stain removal (baby on the way!) I have grey cloth in the Focus ZXW SE. This seems like it will easily show stains eventually.

What kind of spray on fabric protection would you guys recommend? (if any)
There's ScotchGuard and other stuff. Does any of this actually work or help? How many cans would I need to cover all seats? I just feel better if it has some kind of protection..similar to stain resistant clothes (where the liquids bead off or run off rather than absorbing)
The problem with stain protectors is they fail very quickly, especially in a car where you are rubbing the fabric everytime you enter and exit the vehicle.
My experience with the fabric in the Focus is that it is very easily cleanable with a steam cleaner.
With a child in the rear seat, just the addidtion of a towel under their seat or even a seat cover from Can. Tire would do the trick.
I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but if your keen on using a fabric protector, they are all very similar products and need to be re-applied often (I would say bi-weekly with a kid)
But another question is are they safe for kids? I don't know that answer.

With the child crawling in and out of the car, you may want to look at the fact the product will be coming off onto your child's hands. Just a thought(although a scarey one at that)
303 Fabric Guard. Works really good.
No kids here, but I have a dog. (sometimes they're worse :rolleyes: ) I use scotch guard on my car (once a year) and everything I have ever spilt in the car has beaded and rolled right off the seat.

Meford is right, the more traffic..the easier it fails.
I agree with Meford. Just put a towel under and around the car seat, and steam clean the interior every so often. I work in the cleaning business, and too many chemicals, especially for little people, isn't too good.