FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Weiland Ford In Kitchener
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well I had to take the Focus in for some much needed servicing and I made an appointment with Weiland Ford here in Kitchener, and I could only get the appointment for today (friday)

So I took the car in expecting to hear the normal b/s I get everytime I head to a different Dealership other then Colony Ford in Brampton about Modded cars. To my suprise the Service manager heard the engine as I drove it into the customer service area and said as I got out of the car, what a nice sound... so as I was giving him my info on the car, mileage, year, plate number he was asking me a few questions related to the car and what mods I had on it.

He said he liked the front end other then the chipped paint on the bumper, and was really interested in looking over the car. I showed him a few of the mods I have and all the European parts, how the hood opens etc... I then signed off on the paper work and off I went to the waiting area.

after 10 minutes of being their he comes back to tell me the car might be a bit longer, and said it would be about 2 hours not the one he quoted me, he then asked if I wanted a lift home, I said no, I'll wait, he said you sure?, I responded yes, he said ok, and then gave me a $5 Mc Donald's coupon book and said since it's hot out why don't you and your friend (my partner) head on over to Mc Donald's and get a Mc Flurry in the meantime. I was shocked and said ok. So on the walk across the street went into Mc Donald's had lunch and then I checked out the plaza across the street.

Came back to the dealership after the 2 hrs, and picked up my car, talked to the service manager again and he said that my car was one of most interesting Foci he's seen, and they found an out standing recall on my car and fixed it.

so it came out to $185.76 for the complete 4 wheel alignment, oil change, tire repair, far less then I was expecting ( I thought ball park $230 ), and I completely passed on the inspection of the car, other then on the front tires.

So I can say I'm really impressed with this dealership, and I didn't feel ripped off
Thats one of the best dealership stories I have ever heard. I guess you found your dealer for service.
Good story and nice to hear (for a change) ... if you happen to get a Customer Viewpoint survey in the mail, I'd really recommend that you fill it out and send it back; it makes a real difference to the dealership and they get a copy of it, so they'll know who their "friends" are.

Also ... if you do, if possible give them top box scores only - the way the Ford of Canada survey system works, anything less is virtually useless to the dealership.

Conversely - if anyone really wanted to send a "message" to their dealer - send back a survey full of "fails" and they'll see that too.

Frost__2001,May 11 2007, 07:16 PM Wrote:well I had to take the Focus in for some much needed servicing and I made an appointment with Weiland Ford here in Kitchener, and I could only get the appointment for today (friday)

So I took the car in expecting to hear the normal b/s I get everytime I head to a different Dealership other then Colony Ford in Brampton about Modded cars. To my suprise the Service manager heard the engine as I drove it into the customer service area and said as I got out of the car, what a nice sound... so as I was giving him my info on the car, mileage, year, plate number he was asking me a few questions related to the car and what mods I had on it.

He said he liked the front end other then the chipped paint on the bumper, and was really interested in looking over the car. I showed him a few of the mods I have and all the European parts, how the hood opens etc... I then signed off on the paper work and off I went to the waiting area.

after 10 minutes of being their he comes back to tell me the car might be a bit longer, and said it would be about 2 hours not the one he quoted me, he then asked if I wanted a lift home, I said no, I'll wait, he said you sure?, I responded yes, he said ok, and then gave me a $5 Mc Donald's coupon book and said since it's hot out why don't you and your friend (my partner) head on over to Mc Donald's and get a Mc Flurry in the meantime. I was shocked and said ok. So on the walk across the street went into Mc Donald's had lunch and then I checked out the plaza across the street.

Came back to the dealership after the 2 hrs, and picked up my car, talked to the service manager again and he said that my car was one of most interesting Foci he's seen, and they found an out standing recall on my car and fixed it.

so it came out to $185.76 for the complete 4 wheel alignment, oil change, tire repair, far less then I was expecting ( I thought ball park $230 ), and I completely passed on the inspection of the car, other then on the front tires.

So I can say I'm really impressed with this dealership, and I didn't feel ripped off
[right][snapback]238156[/snapback][/right]
I deal with them too....they are the only ones that I trust any more. I have always had great thing to say about them.....they do great work.....
redZX3,May 12 2007, 02:47 PM Wrote:I deal with them too....they are the only ones that I trust any more. I have always had great thing to say about them.....they do great work.....
[right][snapback]238231[/snapback][/right]

Couldn't agree with you more on that, I'm 100% happy witht he service I got from them, not to mention them going above and beyond on the customer service.
yeah, the last time I had work done there before, I had to go to work because of the tight schedule that I had. They came back to me and told me that it would take a bit longer than expected and gave me a free car rental until the next day......They really do go out of their way to make the customer happy....they will definatly see me there when I get a new car.
they are good...i usually buy parts from them...test drove enough of their cars :)
Sounds like a keeper, if I had that kind of service at any of the dealers that I frequented selling the Focus would have been a very tough decision.

Laterz :)
Good stuff! I'm glad to hear you had a really good experience there Frost.
Hopefully Weiland Ford is getting their act together. I know in the past their reputation had been getting some poor reviews. I'm assuming competition from Parkway, Expressway and Ridgehill reformed their ways.
I wen't there for an oil change and always put mobil 1 5w20 synthetic and then after they did my oil change they were saying that my warranty was going to be voided and all this other crap because it was synthetic. That was back in September. It just wasn't a good experiance for it being the first time going to Weiland, now I usually make the drive over to Ridgehill. But I'm glad you've had better luck with them than me