FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Passenger Side Head Light.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running out of idea and need some help from you.

Since about 2yrs ago I have non stop problem with the Passenger side head light.
first light go out, great new bulb in.
a month later, light out again and socket melt. Great, new socket and bulb.
about 2 month later light out again but both the socket and the bulb are in good sharp. I have been driving with only one head light for about a month, suddenly the light come back up.
That's the story the last 2 yrs, light out, socket melt, light suddenly come back and die again...
I checked wire, fuse and everything in between but nothing wrong. If I turn on high beam it will dime.

Any help would be great.
Don't tell me you're running higher wattage then stock don't you.. ?

I melted a few harness doing that.... went back to stock and never had a problem again.
^^^ agree
and did you touch bulb when install??

and plugged in harness all the way??
forgot to add, I have tried
-cool blue
-cantire oem replacment
-cantire xtravision
all stock wattage

no, I have not touch the bulb.
Yes it is all the way in.
Did you buy the car new ?

I had the same problem with my previous car ( 00 GT ) and when I decided to take the bulb out to check the wattage I realized it was 100 watts ( installed by the previous owner ) so maybe the dammage is already done. If you bought the car new , never mind what I just said... :P
have you tried the blown bulb on the other side for s*** and giggles?

The BMW's left light would go out all the time...and I was kind of getting annoyed at replacing them, so for fun I plugged it in the other side and it worked so I knew it wasnt the bulb. I took out the headlight unit and found a bad ground inside the actual bulb socket...

I added some solder to the ground point, and now the bulb makes proper ground when its in the socket, havent had the light go out yet.

Probably will stop working in a couple of years again...But that will be my excuse to get the BAV angel eye kit. :lol: