FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New 2008 Mustang To Benefit Canadian Breast Cancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New 2008 "Warriors In Pink" Mustang to benefit Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
Source: CanadianDriver
May 10,2007

Oakville, Ontario - The Ford Motor Company of Canada has announced the new 2008 Mustang with "Warriors In Pink" package, the first-ever Ford vehicle designed exclusively in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Only 200 units of the limited-edition model will be available in Canada.

Ford of Canada is embarking on its eleventh year of support for the charity, and has dedicated more than $10 million in cash and in-kind donations.

The limited-edition Mustangs are currently available for pre-order and will be delivered in mid-summer, with $300 from each vehicle going to the Foundation. Available on V6 Premium Array coupe or convertible models, the package adds a pink ribbon and Pony fender badge, pink Mustang rocker tape striping, charcoal leather seats with pink stitching, aluminum-spoke steering wheel with pink stitching, and charcoal floor mats with pink ribbon and contrast stitching. The Warriors In Pink package, which includes the Pony Package, will be available in black, metallic silver and white.

Only $300.00 from that sale of a brand new car that has an MSRP around $26k??? It's great that they are doing it in the first place which is a step in the right direction, but I think the amount is kinda pittiful...yes in total if they all sell Ford will have donated $60k, but still I don't know....$300 per vehicle just doesn't sound like a whole lot.
Ford already gives to the CBCF with "0" sales involved, and are heavily involved with Run for the Cure, etc.

Not to be an obviously biased Ford Fanboy here, but the company has lost more than a few BILLION that last few years. Everyone assumes that their pockets are bottomless.

Toyota just announced a $13.7 BILLION dollar profit for the year. When is the specialeditionanythinggoestocharity vehicle from them being announced?

(and PS. Although it sounds like I'm being pissy, it's not my intention. Just pointing out the facts.)
I agree with everything said here ... plus there's another dimension. The cost to design and build such a limited edition is probably much higher than what Ford can recover from this vehicle, even if they weren't giving the $300 per.

But the fact that we're discussing this points to another benefit for the charity - positive exposure that doesn't cost them a dime ... both immediate and long term for as long as those cars stay on the road. Advertising and promotion is usually the biggest cost that a charity has ... and so to get this kind of exposure along with a cheque for $60 grand is all good.

OAC_Sparky,May 10 2007, 11:50 AM Wrote:Ford already gives to the CBCF with "0" sales involved, and are heavily involved with Run for the Cure, etc.

Not to be an obviously biased Ford Fanboy here, but the company has lost more than a few BILLION that last few years. Everyone assumes that their pockets are bottomless.

Toyota just announced a $13.7 BILLION dollar profit for the year. When is the specialeditionanythinggoestocharity vehicle from them being announced?

(and PS. Although it sounds like I'm being pissy, it's not my intention. Just pointing out the facts.)
[right][snapback]237953[/snapback][/right]
Y'know, not to rain on Ford's parade here, I mean I am impressed they're going to this degree to try and promote the cause.

Wouldn't it have been simpler and cheaper for Ford to say "Okay June is Breast Cancer Awareness Month at FoMoCo Canada and $500 from each purchase or lease of a new vehicle will be donated to breast cancer research"? :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 10 2007, 02:27 PM Wrote:Y'know, not to rain on Ford's parade here, I mean I am impressed they're going to this degree to try and promote the cause. 

Wouldn't it have been simpler and cheaper for Ford to say "Okay June is Breast Cancer Awareness Month at FoMoCo Canada and $500 from each purchase or lease of a new vehicle will be donated to breast cancer research"? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237969[/snapback][/right]

I think that would cost them too much, and what ZTWsquared said, it's a advertizement that will be around for years, not to mention be sought after by car collecters around the world in the future, as Ford is only making 200 Mustangs and only selling them in Canada.
Just to make it clear (not that anyone suggested it) I'm not bashing Ford for doing this. I do applaud it wholehartedly and hopefully other automakers will follow suit and give to this worthy cause as well....
SVT ZX3,May 11 2007, 10:58 AM Wrote:Just to make it clear (not that anyone suggested it) I'm not bashing Ford for doing this. I do applaud it wholehartedly and hopefully other automakers will follow suit and give to this worthy cause as well....
[right][snapback]238091[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you, but reality is I don't think they would.
they are doing more than most automakers when it comes to giving to charity.
I think this is a great thing, maybe a couple of the dealers will contribute part of the $10000 premium they are charging for the Shelby. Not to mention my Girlfriend would prefer a GT with Pink!!!!

Good job Ford.
David
I think it was an episode of Penn and Teller BullS**t! that they had a marketing analyst comment on breast cancer marketing initiatives.

- free goodwill advertising
- a way to use sex to sell without openly endorsing it.

I aplaud people who give to these charities for the cause it represents, and not some event/marketing ploy that got them into it, however, these things probably get more people involved than would normally in an apathetic society...
theres not really that much pink on them
LINK TO CAR
Here are the specs as set out in Ford of Canada's order guide - I've circled one item that interested me and haven't seen elsewhere ... so it's more than just cosmetics.

[Image: MustangPink1.jpg]
ZTWsquared,May 15 2007, 06:51 PM Wrote:Here are the specs as set out in Ford of Canada's order guide - I've circled one item that interested me and haven't seen elsewhere ... so it's more than just cosmetics.

[Image: MustangPink1.jpg]
[right][snapback]238579[/snapback][/right]

Interesting ZTWsquared, though my guess is they made the breast cancer badge sunk into the fender for the placement of the badge.
What interests me is that this car is apparently getting the GT suspension (remember these are all V6 auto) and the Bullitt wheels

Frost__2001,May 16 2007, 03:57 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,May 15 2007, 06:51 PM Wrote:Here are the specs as set out in Ford of Canada's order guide - I've circled one item that interested me and haven't seen elsewhere ... so it's more than just cosmetics.

Interesting ZTWsquared, though my guess is they made the breast cancer badge sunk into the fender for the placement of the badge.
[right][snapback]238608[/snapback][/right]