FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brake Going Too Soft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, just wondering if anyone has came across this problem and what was/is a possible solution.I did a brake pad and rotor change recently about ,a month now and i have since felt the brake pedal suddenly going extremly soft on me even sometimes while i'm braking.I would have to release the brake pedal and brake again for it to come back to a firm position.When it goes soft, i have to brake to the floor to slow down.I checked for leaks since then, but the brake flulid resv has not changed, so no leak right? As for the car its a 03 auto with ztec engine, any ideas? :( this is driving me nuts...grrr
Bleed your brakes ( air bubbles in your brakes lines maybe )B)
yea i was thinking along that too but i never did interfere with the lines or fluid system . And i don't know how to do that..lol
Your ford dealer can do it for 50$, local shop maybe less. You can get the tool at Canadian tire , if want to do it yourself its very easy to do with a good tool B)
<_< okay i'll check crappy tire out, just saw a kit for 16 dollars on their website.Hope this works...
Make sure you have a tight seal on the reservoir for your brake fluid. If air is getting in, this could be your issue.
Is the paint peeling off the brake booster under the master cylinder? If so the Master is gone and needs to be replaced. If not I would agree with the rest, bleed the brakes.
How old is your brake fluid ... this stuff is hydroscopic (attracts water) and should be replaced regularly. Water in brake system = very bad. IIRC the water boils under pressure and creates air bubbles causing the symptoms you describe.

trinifoci,May 9 2007, 07:24 PM Wrote:hi guys, just wondering if anyone has came across this problem and what was/is a possible solution.I did a brake pad and rotor change recently about ,a month now and i have since felt the brake pedal suddenly going extremly soft on me even sometimes while i'm braking.I would have to release the brake pedal and brake again for it to come back to a firm position.When it goes soft, i have to brake to the floor to slow down.I checked for leaks since then, but the brake flulid resv has not changed, so no leak right? As for the car its a 03 auto with ztec engine, any ideas? :(  this is driving me nuts...grrr
[right][snapback]237854[/snapback][/right]
If you want to get really high tech get a brakek fluid specific pressure gauge and
place it inline. Or get a hydrometer that measures the water contamination of the
brake fluid. Or just pressure flush the brake fluid.