FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ignition Locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried starting my car and found out the ignition is locked up. Is there a simple fix? or do I have to get a new ignition for the 4th time?
blue_light,Dec 9 2009, 09:09 AM Wrote:I tried starting my car and found out the ignition is locked up. Is there a simple fix? or do I have to get a new ignition for the 4th time?
[right][snapback]298268[/snapback][/right]

Lubricant? Is it frozen? See if you can park it in a heated garage overnight.
Do you cary any heavy key chains on your car keys?
NikiterZTS,Dec 9 2009, 10:47 AM Wrote:Do you cary any heavy key chains on your car keys?
[right][snapback]298276[/snapback][/right]

Im gonna say he does.

It happened to me, I called a tow truck cause it wouldn't let me start it. Tow truck drive shows I tell him whats up he says damm fords then got in the passenger seat told me to put pressure on the key towards the igntion (turning it on) He banged the key in with a hammer and it turned worked for a few weeks till it was stuck completly.
ZX3_2NV,Dec 9 2009, 03:55 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 9 2009, 10:47 AM Wrote:Do you cary any heavy key chains on your car keys?
[right][snapback]298276[/snapback][/right]

Im gonna say he does.

[right][snapback]298300[/snapback][/right]

They will go regardless of the weight on them.

I had 2 ignition cylinders go on my focus, and all I had was my key FOB and the 2 keys. Focus key, and my house key.

Its just a POS.
I changed mine, and when i went to get my repalcment cyclinder at albatros, the key that came with the new unit didnt work, but my oem key worked..WTF :iono:
got it fixed had to go to ford not to bad only set me back $170. i got the car started by using the palm of my hand and slammed it into the ignition it worked but i didn't remove the key.