FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a comparison between the 2007 Focus, Caliber and Optra, the Focus won, basically because it goes better. Article on http://www.thestar.com, in the wheels section.
Seriously... DON'T get me started on the Caliber. I haven't driven the Optra, so while the styling doesn't appeal to me I'm not going to crack on it.

Caliber - a great way to lose a good braking package in a lacklustre offering of performance and style. The 2.0L engine seems about as inspired as the SPI. That's alright, because it's good on gas and was never meant to thrill.
No suprise really, the Focus 3 dr & sedan base models are the same price and come with options you'd want with bland but ok styling.

as for the other two it's more a long the lines of tonnes of chunkey plastic interior trim, or a car that is more dated in looks then the Focus?
NOS2Go4Me,May 8 2007, 08:54 AM Wrote:Seriously... DON'T get me started on the Caliber. I haven't driven the Optra, so while the styling doesn't appeal to me I'm not going to crack on it.

Caliber - a great way to lose a good braking package in a lacklustre offering of performance and style. The 2.0L engine seems about as inspired as the SPI. That's alright, because it's good on gas and was never meant to thrill.
[right][snapback]237715[/snapback][/right]
Sorry to get your blood pressure up.
...and as an aside, early Optra's had hellacious automatic tranny problems to do with the control software (lockout of 4th gear being the most common complaint)

As to the Calibre... fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way to the ground :puke: (and my father is in love with the things looks :wtf: )

NefCanuck
The article was well-written, if not a little short.

I do disagree with the engine comparison between the Focus and the Caliber - I'd take the Duratec again in a heartbeat over the Dodge motor. I'm actually sitting here typing this at home, my right foot trying to rev the engine. :D

When i was test driving cars trying to decide what to buy, I test drove the optra a 2007, that thing was POS.
Had the like 3km on the display and the trannie was toast, it was an auto..and every gear it was slamming and jerking around...brutal!!!! and it smelt like smoke coming out of the vents, and the fan..or something inside the vents was totally messed it screamed and made the most awful noise..and no air came out...handy..especially in the middle of winter.

The salesman just kept apologizing saying how this has never happened...right!!!!
At the end he asked me what i thought i laughed and told him this car turned me off every buying an GM
NOS2Go4Me,May 8 2007, 04:14 PM Wrote:I'm actually sitting here typing this at home, my right foot trying to rev the engine. :D
[right][snapback]237747[/snapback][/right]

and your left foot is bored. sorry man i had too.
focuspilot23,May 8 2007, 06:29 PM Wrote:When i was test driving cars trying to decide what to buy, I test drove the optra a 2007, that thing was POS.
Had the like 3km on the display and the trannie was toast, it was an auto..and every gear it was slamming and jerking around...brutal!!!! and it smelt like smoke coming out of the vents, and the fan..or something inside the vents was totally messed it screamed and made the most awful noise..and no air came out...handy..especially in the middle of winter.

The salesman just kept apologizing saying how this has never happened...right!!!!
At the end he asked me what i thought i laughed and told him this car turned me off every buying an GM
[right][snapback]237759[/snapback][/right]

LOL I feel sorry for the sucker who eventually bought that Optra... Korean Quality at it's best... with a GM badge that is.
FocusGuy7476,May 9 2007, 01:31 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,May 8 2007, 04:14 PM Wrote:I'm actually sitting here typing this at home, my right foot trying to rev the engine. :D
[right][snapback]237747[/snapback][/right]

and your left foot is bored. sorry man i had too.
[right][snapback]237777[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I know :P

I know our next car will definitely be a manual. Still, I don't miss it for daily driving around here.