FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Four Months Of Ownership:report On #4110
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i have owned this Unit # 4100 2002 black 2d SVT for 4 months. I am now at 98601 km. I bought the car with 90461 km. In the frist two weeks of ownership i replaced the alternater. Seems a bit soon for a alternater to be replaced? maybe, maybe not. Replaced both front sway bar links. Normal wear. Royal Purpled the transmission. Very happy with the feel of the shifts. Seems to feel better as time goes on. I had to replace the clutch master cylinder. Seems to be a common problem. I have run only synthetic oil since i have owned the car. Cd player will only play one Cd at a time. if i try to add more than one it gets very confused. I called Ford Canada about recalls on the car when I was at the used car dealer. I was told that there were no recalls for my year and the only warranty work ever done on the car was the Cd player. I feel that is good as some people seem to have major problems. I don't really understand how these cars are so hit and miss when it comes to problems. I do have clutch rattle when the clutch is not pushed in. I know about the tsb but i have been told i don't have a problem bad enough that warrents a new clutch. My clutch seems fine with no slippiing and has a good feel to it. I just replaced the plugs with the Motorcraft Platinums. I still had the orginal plugs in the car. Wow what a difference the new plugs made. Could feel it right away. All my 100,000km maintence has now been done. I love this car. Even with the problems I have had it has been worth it. I had a 2001 Zx3 before but the SVT is so much better. My only concern is the clutch. How long can i expect it to last if I don't abuse it?
The noise you hear when your clutch is out is called "gear rollover noise" It's harmelss (so the dealer told me.) I'm on my 3rd tranny because of this issue.

As for all the "little" things.

Welcome to focus ownership! :P
ANTHONYD,May 8 2007, 08:07 AM Wrote:It's harmelss (so the dealer told me.) I'm on my 3rd tranny because of this issue.
[right][snapback]237705[/snapback][/right]

:blink: How can it be harmless if your on your 3rd tranny???
Flofocus,May 8 2007, 08:33 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 8 2007, 08:07 AM Wrote:It's harmelss (so the dealer told me.) I'm on my 3rd tranny because of this issue.

:blink: How can it be harmless if your on your 3rd tranny???
[right][snapback]237706[/snapback][/right]

LOL...
Isn't the SVT transmission somewhat different from the regular manual transmission?
Hello #4100, #3038 here...................I'm not sure teh expected life of the clutch. I think that all comes down to who is(was) driving(drove) it up untill this point.
i was under the impression that the rattle you hear is from the dual mass flywheel that causes uneven wear on the clutch. i am at 123,000 km on the original clutch and my noise is intermittent, sometimes you hear it sometimes you don't. i also don't beat on my car.

my car has been great to me, the only problems i had was the clutch master, replcaed under warranty, the in-dash cd changer, changed under warranty and something to do with my intake manifold, but i can't remember what exactly and it was replaced under warranty.

i also run my car with synthetic.

great car, no complaints what so ever.
ANTHONYD,May 8 2007, 07:07 AM Wrote:The noise you hear when your clutch is out is called "gear rollover noise" It's harmelss (so the dealer told me.) I'm on my 3rd tranny because of this issue.

As for all the "little" things.

Welcome to focus ownership! :P

LMAO
do u use your clutch at all to switch gears??
3 trannys huh?.......how is that possible?
let me explain.

When I brought my car in for the rattle in the tranny it was back in early 2002. Ford had never heard the problem before and replaced the tranny. 3 months later I was back in again for the same issue. After a week with the car they replaced the tranny again (#2)

The next year I was in AGAIN for the smae problem. They kept the car for 2 weeks this time and shipped in some big machanic dude from FMCO apparently they did a complete tear down taking pictures all the way to discover that it was a simmple misalignment if the tranny pins.

After they were finished with that, they put in my tranny I have now (#3) and said the problem is harmless.

They did all the learning on the famous "gear roll over noise" on my car! :P

:lol: