FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help: '06 Se Wagon Rear Headrests + Seatback Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I recently purchased an '06 SE Wagon. :) I want to swap the 60/40 rear seat backs with one that has headrests (like from the SES model). I can find this at various wreckers. I just dont like the idea of giving rear passengers neck injuries in the event of a collision. :unsure: Ya know?

My questions are:
1. Are the 60/40 seats w/headrests identical on Wagons, 3dr, 5dr, + sedan? (interchangeable?)

2. What years would match my '06 Grey seat trim? (I'm guessing grey 2005-2007 at least)

Thanks very much,
Larry
welcome
Welcome,

As the owner of an '05 sedan with the headrests I can say that I do not think you could use sedan rear seatbacks, as the sedan rear seatbacks rest/lock on the cutout leading to the trunk which the wagon doesn't have...

Unsure but maybe the ZX5 is an option for you? :unsure:

NefCanuck
Welcome to FC.net.

In terms of matching trim, you might find some difference between the SE trim and the SES trim, regardless of the year.

But in any event you might find it easier to simply install headrests into your existing seats.

I'm looking at an exploded view of the rear seat back and it looks like all you'd need is 4 head restraint guides (part no. 610B16) and the head rests - the panel that the guides fit into look like they'd be on all seats - just punch a hole in the fabric, install the guides and headrests and Bob's your uncle.

BTW - in Ford's workshop DVD for the '07 (which is what I have) they only show the seat assembly for the 3 and 5 door (hinting that they are the same) and only mentions the 4 door and wagon as being "similar."

I can post a pic tomorrow if you need it.

Nutella,May 7 2007, 04:59 PM Wrote:My questions are:
1. Are the 60/40 seats w/headrests identical on Wagons, 3dr, 5dr, + sedan? (interchangeable?)

2. What years would match my '06 Grey seat trim? (I'm guessing grey 2005-2007 at least)

Thanks very much,
Larry
[right][snapback]237644[/snapback][/right]