FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2007 Volvo C30 T5 Test Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/cc/07c30.htm

Sounds like its worth the money if you can keep the options down....

[Image: 07c30_cc003-4095.jpg]
Saw one on the weekend. Looks a bit odd from the back. I'd rather get a Mazda3 and throw in a turbo, or hope and wait for 2010, to see of Ford brings the world to NA with it's Focus.
Honestly I like Volvo, always did, but really one option in their line up is killer on your wallet..... not to mention far from my current price range right now.
For that cash, I'd rather get the MS3.
^^^
MS3 is on the list too, if it only came in any other colour than red!

No offense NOS, but I have owned a red car and I swore I would never have another car in red again (unless it was sporting a prancing horse and then I'd only drive it on Sundays.) The red car I had faded. Someone hit it while it was parked, twice! The colour match never matched. The three reds would fade at differernt rates. It was horrible.

Anyway, I like the look of the C30. I even like the rear better than the front.
dBlast,May 7 2007, 06:37 PM Wrote:^^^

No offense NOS, but I have owned a red car and I swore I would never have another car in red again (unless it was sporting a prancing horse and then I'd only drive it on Sundays.)  The red car I had faded.  Someone hit it while it was parked, twice!  The colour match never matched.  The three reds would fade at differernt rates.  It was horrible.

Anyway, I like the look of the C30.  I even like the rear better than the front.
[right][snapback]237652[/snapback][/right]

MS3 also comes in silver and black now i think......i think there were 3 or 4 colors for them now....but i def seen the silver one at the dealership
only red is available for MS3
dBlast,May 7 2007, 07:37 PM Wrote:^^^

No offense NOS, but I have owned a red car and I swore I would never have another car in red again (unless it was sporting a prancing horse and then I'd only drive it on Sundays.)  The red car I had faded.  Someone hit it while it was parked, twice!  The colour match never matched.  The three reds would fade at differernt rates.  It was horrible.

Anyway, I like the look of the C30.  I even like the rear better than the front.
[right][snapback]237652[/snapback][/right]

None taken bud!

I like the Ford red, not sure if it's the exact same as the MS3 red (looks close, saw one up close on the weekend OMW back from Sudbury). I sure hope I don't suffer the same fate as you did!

I like the looks of the front of the C30. The rear needs time to grow on me. However, I immediately like ALL of the MS3. What can you do?
Wellas nice is the c30 is for a small hatch $43'000 loaded is well stupid. This car shares the same chassis as the MS3 and the Focus Mrk II I'm sure it has a better ESC program (being Volvo). I like the look just not the price, Look what the $30'000 MS3 gives and compare to the S30.
MS3 is in black and silver in canada my friend owns a mazda dealeship here in town. he has both on the lot.
for what its going up again like the BMW 1-series, and Audi A3 models its priced at a decent amount. I for sure would buy a C30 or S40.
D-Dub,May 7 2007, 07: Wrote:only red is available for MS3
[right][snapback]237656[/snapback][/right]

...yea.....before
:rofl:
NikiterZTS,May 8 2007, 01:24 AM Wrote:

...yea.....before
[right][snapback]237692[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, they listened to us!! See that Ford? A company that listened. Imagine that. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,May 8 2007, 08:35 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,May 8 2007, 01:24 AM Wrote:

...yea.....before
[right][snapback]237692[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, they listened to us!! See that Ford? A company that listened. Imagine that. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]237707[/snapback][/right]

LOL.... :lol:
I test drove the C30 a couple of weeks ago and loved everything about it.
We didn't have the Turbo 5, only the normal 5 banger and it had lots of guts.

We were even passed by a Porsche who went zipping by at about 180 KM/h and then slowed done to check us out.

Problem with the Mazda speed 3 is that it still looks like a regular Mazda.
Remember the day when the Focus was first released, the looks it got.

I remember when I picked up my yellow zx 3 back in 2000 and gased it up at night, the lights were shining on it, when I went to pay the cashier was staring at it as was everyone in the gas station.... everyone had the same question... what the hell is that... we've never seen anything like it before. When is the last time a car made you think that? The C30 does for me.
It depends on what you want. If you WANT to be stared at, the C30's a great car. If you WANT to make them second-guess as they drive by, you can't beat a SVT Focus or MS3.
NOS2Go4Me,May 8 2007, 03:22 PM Wrote:It depends on what you want. If you WANT to be stared at, the C30's a great car. If you WANT to make them second-guess as they drive by, you can't beat a SVT Focus or MS3.
[right][snapback]237755[/snapback][/right]

No, second guessing is when you race that new g35 coupe, hang door to door, then turn up the boost to pass him in a zetec powered focus. MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA! :P :lol:
Flofocus,May 8 2007, 04:06 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,May 8 2007, 03:22 PM Wrote:It depends on what you want. If you WANT to be stared at, the C30's a great car. If you WANT to make them second-guess as they drive by, you can't beat a SVT Focus or MS3.
[right][snapback]237755[/snapback][/right]

No, second guessing is when you race that new g35 coupe, hang door to door, then turn up the boost to pass him in a zetec powered focus. MUAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA! :P :lol:
[right][snapback]237756[/snapback][/right]
:D Race? :D Don't you mean pass on the highway because he's going too slow?