FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Agree To The Ridiculous Week Thing..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'll start mine off too, seems everyone has some horrible stuff to tell, mines pretty lame too :P

Wednesday I was on this really horrible call at work which ended up just pissing me off a lot, I tried to brush it off when I got home, and decided to go out and get mangled with some buddies instead, take my mind off things y'know.. So on my way to this party, I roll through a stop sign and a traffic cop flags me down as soon as I turn the corner. I mean I was going like, dragging through it, not fast in the slightest.. There were 2, and they're flagging EVERYONE down..

So I lost 3 points off my license. Which is a G2.. which I lost 3 points previously by the OPP for speeding back in like December.. 6 points is all I had to begin with. So now I'm waiting for the Ministry to suspend my license. Awesome..

I pissed-offly got to the party, only to notice it's full of everyone I've been avoiding for the past year. Awesome.. I stay about 5 minutes. Said hi to 2 people and walked out.

Later that night I decide I'm going to go take some slow shutter shots of this waterfall near my girlfriends house in low light, the sun was going down so.. it looked really cool. - I get out to the spot with my girlfriend and we start hiking through the bush. It's freezing cold we realized, about 5 minutes in.. As soon as we get to this part where we have to walk over 2 rocks to cross a stream, she wont cross. We look for 10 minutes to find some other way, and before I notice it, the suns gone. We head back without any pictures..

As soon as I grab my tripod off her to carry it, I notice the stick that adjusts the tilt and tightens the head is missing. I spent 20 minutes using the built in flash assist bulb off my camera to find it again.. And do! Only to find it's totally mangled and wont go back in and tighten my tilt function. My tripod is now useless.. Yay.

Thursday.. I'm at work, doing a to-midnight shift, and everything is going good, till about 6 or 7 when I found my head feels like a watermelon full of nails.. I request to get let off early and get denied. Fine, I'll finish my shift feeling like death.

Thursday night my head is throbbing, my throat feels like it's closing, I have no idea what's going on, I was perfectly fine this morning .. Whatever, I'll be fine.

Friday.. I can barely get out of bed, I roll over and grab my girlfriends cell cus I can't walk upstairs to get the phone. I call the sick line at work and tell them I'm just chilling in bed dying..

Friday afternoon. Alright, something is seriously wrong.. My mom comes home from Toronto, the first time I've seen her in 2 or 3 weeks.. Hi mom. I lie on the couch and before I notice, I've been lying down unable to move for 6 or so hours. The only thing I can eat are banana popsicles.. My fever is 38.8, my nails are blue, I can't breathe, Everything hurts.. My girlfriends mom ( a nurse ) comes by and checks me out, and tells me to go to the E.R.

8:40 I pull in. Walk up. They take my vitals and tell me to go sit in the corner away from everyone else, and give me a mask to wear. Uhh Something has to be wrong with this picture.

9 I'm in a private room in a gown, freezing, shaking, sore, coughing something weird up every few minutes.

10 a doctor checks me out for about 30 seconds and walks out again.

11 they inform me I need a chest X-Ray

11:45 I'm taking for an x-ray and they find something on my right side

12:30 the doctor comes back and tells me I have pneumonia and gives me a prescription for z-pac or something, it's 70+ dollars and I don't have a drug plan at work yet, nor have the money till Friday.. Hooray.

And now it's Saturday, I work tomorrow morning, and it now feels like my spine wants to stay lying down, but I'm sitting, every movement hurts and even typing this makes my head spin..

Sorry for the long story but I needed to rant. How many other members right now think May sucks balls ?

*edit* Oh, and as I'm writing this, I keep coughing random s*** up. Awesome.
My April was bad, and I thought it was really bad, until I heard this.

Spend the $$$ and get better soon. You win the "my week sucks the worst" award.
Nope, can't even touch that one. I'd also be telling my immediate supervisor to take a long walk off a short pier if I'm that sick and they keep me there.

That's almost epic levels of "bad". Heal up... the rest will fall into place eventually.
I feel for you. I used to get pneumonia all the time, and it was the worst.

Take the time off to get better, take the medications, and you'll be feeling a bit better within a few days. Also, see if they'll prescribe you a preventative inhaler of some form.... that should stop the pneumonia from coming back.

Good luck with the recovery, and use every excuse possible to have your girlfriend wait on you hand and foot... preferably naked ;)
makes my week look like church.

GET WELL!!!

and... fight the ticket.
head up and push through.
wow... just....wow

hope you're able to scratch up enough for the drugs man... pneumonia is serious!

get better soon!
Hope you feel better soon :(
Fight the ticket, even if you are guilty as sin.

Dress nice, go in early, try and find the cop that gave you the ticket and see if you, him and the crown can settle for soemthing less serious.
Get better soon... Things can only get better by the sounds of it.

Ryan
There has been some good and some bad since I posted so I guess I'm slowly edging towards the good side of things, right ?

I mean, bad is stuff I can't do anything about.. like my grandma's last blood transfusion was yesterday and they're saying she has under 2 weeks left.. But theres so far been a few good things to go so it's looking up - I borrowed the cash off my buddy, I'll pay him back Friday when I'm paid. . A lot of my family members are coming back into town (sisters I havn't seen for a year+), and this saturday is going to be kind've cool in a weird way.. my other grandma is renewing her vows with my grandpa, because she has parkinsons etc. and in the past few months has slipped so bad that she thinks they've been separated for 20+ years.. They're also saying she only has a short time left.

And my cat is having her kittens under my bed, that's pretty cool though, on the plus at least... She tore the underlining up really bad but she's at least having kittens, that'll rock.

Thanks everyone for your support and words, I like being a part of this forum, even if I'm wicked far away from all of you guys..

Thanks again guys.. I'll be fine, no use getting worked up over things you can't change, right? Getting upset just makes it hard to think straight.
Sorry to here about all the stuff your going through. We have to push through it, because, really, we are not in control of any of it, except for speeding tickets, etc.
Just remember, as someone once said, "Don't sweat the small stuff, because it's all small stuff."
Something my father said to me when I was younger was ..

"Everyday you wake up. Starts as a good day. Everyday you fall asleep still breathing. Ended as a good day. Everything in between, deal with how you see fit."

And last summer when I was going through a really difficult part in my life, my uncle whom I was living with for a brief period, said something I'll never forget.

"Do whatever you have to do, to take the edge off. If that means going to bed with a bottle of Jack, theres a bottle under the cabinet. If you need to smoke a few joints, theres papers over there. Whatever you have to do, to take the edge off, you have to do, because you can't think straight when you're so upset. Take it a day at a time, deal with it the best way you know how."

You can simplify it a little, or switch it around to suit any other situation, but the message holds true in every difficult situation I've helped friends through, or family..

When it comes to really difficult times, everyone deals with things differently - some people can mourn by going into the bush with a family member or two, or a friend or two, and get drunk around a camp fire and just let everything out. Some deal with things through prayer and helping others. Shutting down is necessary sometimes, and it's perfectly alright to do so when you need to.

That being said, again I appreciate everything you guys have said, and don't worry - everything will end up being fine in the end, I just wanted to share some words that have helped me through hard times with the rest of you, who may be sharing similar situations or so..

I should go purchase a focuscanada.net sticker for my car now, I feel a little more at home here then I did previously.

Sounds like fun, not. Seems like the week for the s***ty weeks.

I ended up having major problems with my gf last week, pretty much broke up on thursday night. Go chill with my buddy at the bar he dj's at. Have a few drinks when I see a guy really harassing this girl I know from the bar that I dj at, out of nowhere he grabs her and punches her in the face. The bouncers go grab him drag him outside, she goes trailing out behind them with another bouncer. Outside she's pissed and screaming at him, understandibly. I go out to try and calm her down get her to leave etc. just to diffuse the situation, I guess I've learned a little in my 31 yrs.

I grab her and get between them and start calming her down when buddy tries to take another punch at her. I push her out of reach into the arms of 2 of her friends and order them to get her out of there. I turn around, tell the guy to chill. Turn to make Dianne's getting into a car, as I turn back around, buddy suckerpunches me with everything hes got in the side of the head. I rolled out of it as much as I could, i was kinda dazed, found out later that when he hit me he'd taken a running start for 3 or 4 steps and both feet were off the ground.

A bouncer and the bartender grabbed the guy. As I start to get up, one of his friends kicked me on the same side of the head and starts laughing like a little girl. I think everyone was shocked to see me stand up after that one, blood coming out of my ear and mouth not to mention a tooth. Buddy who kicked me stopped laughing pretty fast.

The guys at the bar know me pretty good and wouldn't let me take anything out of the little s***s. A few minutes later their "backup" arrived. Kinda funny that their back up has known me for 15+ yrs and litterally owes me his life, if not for me he would've been dead 11 yrs ago. Turns out they were two of his underlings.

I handed they guy who kicked me my tooth and walked away. I went home and passed out, had to call in sick to work the next morning because I couldn't really function. Í luckily could use the excuse of my sisters wedding because I'd already booked the afternoon off. Got out of bed a few hours later and ended up making up with my girlfriend, going to the dentist and dropping $300 to get the remainder of the tooth removed etc.

I've been asked for forgiveness but I think I'll let them wonder for a few days...

Yeah, MC'ing and DJ'ing my sisters wedding was kinda hard with having a slight concussion... Still went without a hitch though.

Well I'm getting over the pneumonia pretty well, still cough a lot but at least I can move. I just don't feel like moving anymore, I was told this morning before I was about to take a shower and actually go to work finally, that my grandmother passed away at 3am.. I saw her last evening for an hour or so, and my last words were "I'll see you after work grandma..I'll just walk straight up..Love you.."

She went in her sleep, and it's good, because she was in a lot of pain and discomfort..

I have to go tailor my suit today for the funeral. . This is something I've never had to do before..

..... I've decided May sucks balls. Anyone agree ?
Yeowtch, you sure as heck didn't need this right now :(

All the best to you and your family....

NefCanuck