FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 5 Months In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right rear fender, on the flare, decent size but thankfully not deep.

Ideas? Suggestions? If this gets radical I'm just going to go visit Stockfish's bodyhouse and have them look at it and tell me what it'll take.

I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. I was so mad tonight I could have chewed nails and s*** WMDs.

I'm also wondering about Stockfish themselves as the car was there for mudflaps today but I didn't "walk the car" when picking it up because I've never had reason to before.

I'll mention something in passing to the service manager Monday (as only 2 of 4 flaps were available today when 4 were supposed to be waiting for me). I was already unhappy. Now I'm ticked.

Here's when I'm hoping that "that'll buff right out" isn't Internet humour.
You said the scratch isn't deep? Try Scratch Ex. You can get it at Canadian Tire. I've had to use it on my car with good results.

Not entirely a 'buff out' option, but close ;)
that crap from crappy tire is pure crap. did nothing but make my wallet lighter, so I returned it.

The scratch is likely still within the clear coat. then use some 2000 grit sandpaper and water and wetsand it down, then some silicone glaze polish and a high speed buffer, and buff that sh1t out, once its all done, it will be shiny and free of orange peel.
^^ That's a good idea, but well outside of anything I've ever done before. I'm honestly not sure how to do that properly.

I'll be bouncing it by the bodyshop after work to see what they say and if for nothing else than a few pointers on actually doing it.
Sucks but look on the bright side, at least is wasn't keyed down the metal.....
one thing to avoid is those paint pens, or touch up paints as you can totally tell it's been covered when you use them, and not to mention looks ugly over the clear coating.
I've thought about it... might just leave it for now. I'm going to wash and wax the car this week and see if that makes an improvement.

I'm not going to try fancy chemicals and I definitely won't be using a touch-up pen.

Believe me, I know I'm lucky that it didn't go down to the metal.
dont sweat it man..i just punched a nice chunk of my oil pan out yesterday. And i gotta wait atleast a week for the new oil pan. that sucks! plus theres the black plastic spoiler under the front bumper that is wratched! - yes, and mines just as new as yours
Hay I got you beat.
When I had my 05 ST the first time my wife took it to work ( 1week old) There was a huge dent under the passanger side door (I do mean huge) She still claims she had know idea. :huh:
I got 'er fixed a few weeks ago when I had the rear doors rehung / rear doglegs resprayed under warranty and the car detailed (right before camping - smart, eh?).

I'm so much happier now... it was beginning to make me neurotic.
Adam:

It's amazing what you can do with some good rubbing compound and a little elbow grease.

FIRST WASH THE CAR AND CLAY BAR!!!!! YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ALL DIER BEFORE USING COMPONDS OR YOU'LL BE SORRY IN WAY'S A CANNOT BEGIN TO EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get one of these kits:

[Image: 07240.jpg]

AND...
Grab this:

[Image: 0391020_450_SC_ba68.jpg]

A little water and a clean cloth.

Dip the rag in water to dapen and grab alttle of the compound on the rag.
In a circular motion with good force, (enough to see the panel flex) work the compond over the scratch.

Wipe off compund with a CLEAN rag and check to see if the scratch is less noticable. (What the compound achieves is it takes off a very small layer of clear coat (not enough to damage)

If the scratch is still noticiable (with a finger nail) re apply and grind on it some more.

When you're happy with the results...

Apply this:

[Image: 0392867_450_CC_ba73.jpg]

And then finally this:

[Image: 0392863_450_SC_e349.jpg]

After all that, the scratch should be barely noticiable. (unless you point it out)

If you want, I can work on it at the BBQ.

Let me know how you make out!
^^ *bows down to the detailing master*

I'll see about snagging that stuff before the BBQ.
There is a product called Scratch Doctor. Never used it but im told it works really good.
if its not through the clear don't sweat it dude. its a daily driven vehicle it happens =)

the first scratch is always the hardest to look at. you'll forget about it soon enough.. and even more after you get the turbo on your car