FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Accidented The Focus On The Highway Today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was driving from one of my jobs to the other today, on the 417 westbound, around the riverside rd. on ramp. I was in the slow lane (I had just merged from St. Laurent), when a wooden box flew off a truck in the fast lane. The box crossed three lanes of traffic, and hit me.

Right before it hit, it was either swerve and risk a massive accident or hit the brakes and hope the box missed me. I hit the brakes, and the box hit me anyways...

There is no body damage (from what I can tell right now), but my windshield has seen better days.
Here's a pic from the cell phone.

Anyone in the Ottawa area know where I can get a good deal on a windshield??
[Image: Cam006.jpg]
That's twice this week that one of our members has been on the losing side of falling cartage. It's a good thing it was just your windshield and not you. Sorry, I can't help you on the windshield. The only part around Ottawa I know is near Laurentian College, oh and a good place to eat.
Well, at least you're OK. Bad luck though.
I had my windshield replaced at Apple Auto Glass off of gladstone.

It was under $200 from what I recall, I could be wrong....I had this done a while ago. 1st week of owning the focus a rock hit the windsheild and put a nice crack in it. :angry:
should have got the plate number
well that sucks big ****!

i think im gonna leave my car in my garage for this week.....with all these Focus/Highway accidents better stay home :(
Good to see that you're okay... as bad as losing a windshield is, it can be far worse when crap falls off a truck (Believe me I know :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
NikiterZTS,May 4 2007, 01:02 PM Wrote:well that sucks big ****!

i think im gonna leave my car in my garage for this week.....with all these Focus/Highway accidents better stay home :(
[right][snapback]237394[/snapback][/right]
Both times a truck was involved. Just get ahead of them, as fast as you can
oldeguy,May 4 2007, 12:51 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]237399[/snapback][/right]

are u kidding me? my car is not THAT fast....i get beat by school buses :D
NikiterZTS,May 4 2007, 01:53 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 4 2007, 12:51 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]237399[/snapback][/right]

are u kidding me? my car is not THAT fast....i get beat by school buses :D
[right][snapback]237400[/snapback][/right]
I can get ahead of them fairly quick. Use that left lane.
number 1 big trucks are rock throwers , I never stay behind em.
anything in the box? did u keep it? was there any informationn regarding whose it was (and who is to blame)?
I was on 427 once and a tractor trailer brake drum split in half and was coming towards me. So i steered away from it and it jumped and got stuck in a range rovers headlight. OUCH

So i started driving and went after the truck. Finally pulled him over and the range over was right behind us as well. trucker gets out and says ohh sorry i will pay for the damages, but he wanted to leave. We called the cops and blocked him so he couldn't get out.
That sucks. Glad to see that you're alrite tho.
Glad you are Ok,

BTW i think you might need a new wiper blade as well :)
thenorm,May 4 2007, 01:24 PM Wrote:anything in the box?  did u keep it? was there any informationn regarding whose it was (and who is to blame)?
[right][snapback]237404[/snapback][/right]

The box was heavy, as you can probably tell from the damage, however, when we drove back along the highway later that day, there was nothing there.

The OPP constable who was dealing with the case said that even if I got the liscence plate and the box, I would have no recourse in charging him because nobody was hurt. Kind of a crappy rule if you ask me, but I wasn't about to get into a losing battle with an OPP.

In any case, I got the glass replaced a few hours after it happened. They came to my parking space on campus and just fixed it right there. Set me back about 265, but I got the tinted glass, so it's supposedly better.

Oh, and Mo... yeah, I need to get new wipers ;)
Glad to hear your okay. Car=fixable.
glad you're alright... 265 ain't bad.. it cost more to replace my driver's side window after the breakin.

a buddy of mine had a rock from a pulp truck land in his lap one time driving to the university. the rock totally spidered the windshield, and the only way he got to school was by using the hole in front of him as the new window...
Glad you were alright and your passenger was for the most part alright ;)

Do you smell something?
2001 ZTS,May 5 2007, 02:31 PM Wrote:Glad you were alright and your passenger was for the most part alright  ;)

Do you smell something?
[right][snapback]237486[/snapback][/right]

Heheheeh... gave the car a spring scrub down yesterday, so no... I don't smell anything :)