FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada issues latest recalls

Ottawa, Ontario – Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Jeep, Volvo and Ferrari vehicles.

2010 Ford Taurus
2010 Lincoln MKT
Vehicles affected: 1,977

Certain vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of CMVSS 205, which specifies that glass glazing which meets the testing requirements be marked with the characters “ASI” in close proximity to the trademark. This information was inadvertently omitted from this location, although it is marked in the upper portion of the windshield on both sides. Since this does not pose any safety risk, no corrective action is required.

2000-2003 Toyota Tundra
Vehicles affected: 10,000

On certain vehicles operated in areas of heavy road salt usage, excessive corrosion of the rear crossmember may cause separation of the spare tire stowed under the truck bed. This corrosion may also affect the functionality of the rear brake line at the proportioning valve. Dealers will inspect the rear crossmember and surrounding components and, depending on the amount of corrosion detected, either apply a corrosion-resistant compound, or replace the crossmember assembly.

1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2003 Mazda B2300, B3000 and B4000
Vehicles affected: 10,770

On certain vehicles, the speed control deactivation switch may overheat, smoke or burn, potentially resulting in an under-hood fire. This condition may occur either when the vehicle is parked, or when it is in operation. Dealers will install a new switch or fused wiring harness. Note that this is an expansion of recall 2007263 for vehicles not previously included in the campaign.

2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicles affected: 12,600

On certain vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, operating under rigorous off-road conditions could cause the transmission fluid temperature to elevate to the point of causing transmission failure. Should the transmission fluid boil over, it may come into contact with a hot engine or exhaust component and cause a fire. Dealers will install a “Hot Oil” message in the instrument cluster and chime to indicate elevator transmission fluid temperature.

2010 Volvo XC60
Vehicles affected: 1,207

On certain vehicles, the driver’s seat side cover panel may compromise the functionality of the seatbelt during certain driver’s side crashes. Should this occur, the seatbelt anchor point may disengage. Dealers will modify the driver’s seat side cover panel.

1995-1999 Ferrari 335
1995-1999 Ferrari 335 F1
Vehicles affected: 142

On certain vehicles, should the hose clamp used to fasten the water sleeve to the thermostat housing be incorrectly installed during a service repair, the clamp could contact and damage nearby fuel supply pipes, resulting in a fuel leak. Dealers will install a fuel divider block, which will provide greater distance between the fuel lines and the hose clamp.

Hey frost Ive been waiting for this recall for awhile

2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler
On certain vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission, operating under rigorous off-road conditions could cause the transmission fluid temperature to elevate to the point of causing transmission failure. Should the transmission fluid boil over, it may come into contact with a hot engine or exhaust component and cause a fire. Dealers will install a “Hot Oil” message in the instrument cluster and chime to indicate elevator transmission fluid temperature.

There is alot of talk about how they are not fixing the problem just adding a warning light, The new 09's already come with this warning light HOT OIL. It lit up on one 09 owner he pulled over check all of his fluids and stuff even check the oil temp it was fine then continued on his trip and poof up in smoke from the tranny fluid boiling over. Guess what they even have tranny coolers there just super s***y and there trying to get them to upgrade them and fix this problem but doesn't look like jeep listened.
so what happened with yours....offroading or city driving?
imncrxtc,Dec 8 2009, 01:14 PM Wrote:so what happened with yours....offroading or city driving?
[right][snapback]298233[/snapback][/right]

It went up in flames in Toronto downtown IIRC
Who's going to come give me a ride from the Ferrari dealer when I have to go drop mine off? :lol: :lol:
City driving on 4x4 in a decent snow fall.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2009, 03:25 PM Wrote:Who's going to come give me a ride from the Ferrari dealer when I have to go drop mine off? :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]298236[/snapback][/right]

Mine's ready for pickup, I can drive you from the dealer. :lol: :lol:
ZX3_2NV,Dec 8 2009, 03:11 PM Wrote:Hey frost Ive been waiting for this recall for awhile

2007-2008 Jeep Wrangler

There is alot of talk about how they are not fixing the problem just adding a warning light, The new 09's already come with this warning light HOT OIL. It lit up on one 09 owner he pulled over check all of his fluids and stuff even check the oil temp it was fine then continued on his trip and poof up in smoke from the tranny fluid boiling over. Guess what they even have tranny coolers  there just super s***y and there trying to get them to upgrade them and fix this problem but doesn't look like jeep listened.
[right][snapback]298222[/snapback][/right]

weren't these catching fire by just being parked?
Yup it was parked when it happened to me.
2010 Ford Taurus
2010 Lincoln MKT
Certain vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of CMVSS 205, which specifies that glass glazing which meets the testing requirements be marked with the characters “ASI” in close proximity to the trademark. This information was inadvertently omitted from this location, although it is marked in the upper portion of the windshield on both sides. Since this does not pose any safety risk, no corrective action is required.

What kind of Transport Canada recall is that? Weird!
CanadaSVT,Dec 10 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:What kind of Transport Canada recall is that?  Weird!
[right][snapback]298320[/snapback][/right]
Administrative pee-pee slap.

I'll take it over a real recall.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 10 2009, 10:44 AM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Dec 10 2009, 09:15 AM Wrote:What kind of Transport Canada recall is that?  Weird!
[right][snapback]298320[/snapback][/right]
Administrative pee-pee slap.

I'll take it over a real recall.
[right][snapback]298327[/snapback][/right]

Indeed, if all Ford is getting nailed for is missing markings on the glass that meets the test anyways, then all is good in the land of the Blue Oval ;)

As opposed to Chryco getting nailed for cars that catch fire :P

NefCanuck

2010 Ford Taurus
2010 Lincoln MKT

What's the point?
:lol:
ANTHONYD,Dec 10 2009, 01:35 PM Wrote:2010 Ford Taurus
2010 Lincoln MKT

What's the point?
:lol:
[right][snapback]298331[/snapback][/right]
Ford's been absent from the recall list for a while. toyota probaly complained about all manufacturers not being equally.