FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need To Buy New Fenders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The reason im asking is in the past week I have had the absolute worse week of my life. Last Sunday my tranny blew (gear selector went) so I purchased a junker tranny for $200 (tax in) and I installed it myself at a do it yourself garage. Sure as s*** I pull everything apart and put it all back together to have the best damn luck in the world. My bleeder valve happened to strip the inside of my clutch slave cylinder resulting in me having to pull the damn transmission again.
So round 2:

Clutch slave cylinder was replaced and transmission was back in within 3hrs no sweat. So at this point in time im thinking sweet I can finally go home for the summer. I was in Windsor (at school) when all this happened and I was suppose to leave on the Monday. I ended up leaving on the thursday. So anyways it was about 1pm on thursday and im passing a transport truck on the 401 and my great luck strikes me again. A piece of metal plating drops from the truck, skidding across the lane directly towards me. Of course the metal slams into the side of my car but there was nothing I could do to avoid it. It was either the metal or the ditch. Just wait this story gets better.......
Round 3:

You think my car would make it home in one piece right? Nope not a chance. Just as I pull off the 401 onto Guelph Line (heading towards burlington) I get this insane vibration in my steering wheel right before the Sunoco station (those of you who went to Anthony's BBQ should know where this is) and as I go to turn into the Sunoco station to see what the hell is going on WHAMM!! My drivers side tire rockets away from my car bouncing vigourasly (sp?) down Guelph line. The tire is bouncing right towards buddys brand new Chevy Silverado and my luck happened to slightly change. Just before the tire was going to hit the truck it bounced right over the truck and onto the grass. So whats the damage?
Round 4:

1. (1) Rota Slipstream 16x7 4x108 Steel Grey (Velozx3's old rims)
2. Drivers Side Fender (Crushed from impact of tire)
3. Passenger Side Fender (metal from truck)
4. Repainted front bumper (metal from truck)
5. Repainted hood (metal from truck)
6. Passenger side Clear Corner (metal from truck)
7. New Wheels studs (driver side)
8. New Locking Nuts

- Now of course theres many questions to be asked like if I torqued the wheels properly or if I got the truckers plate etc.
A. I torqued my wheels to 100ft/lbs on the ground with the Do It Yourself Shops Torque Wrench. So Im beginning to think if it was out of caliber or not? I know 100% that I checked them..... no joke.
B. Trucking company wont do s***, trucker said he never dropped any metal YET he was transporting metal. IGC International is there name.
C. If anybody knows any shops in the GTA that sells Rota's send me a PM.

So down to the point.......... what fenders should I get?

Oh yeah....... pictures to come.
f*** man
like i said the other day, i feel for ya
i would however like to see the pics.
i didnt know you had more trouble wiht the tranny after you finished the swap

but anyways, i checked with Rotan and they said Rota doesnt have any of the wheels and dont plan to make any new ones for 8-10 weeks :(

if there is anything else you need on my end, you know my number
good luck getting the beast back on the road!!! :)
Wow man that totally sucks! That is insane bad luck...

Just an FYI: fenders from ford are ~ 150/piece. So if you go to a wrecker just remember that.
S#!t man when it rains, it pours for you. That is one hell of a story. Its a good thing that bad luck comes in 3's, you won't have to worry about anything for quite some time now.

I would have called the cops after that piece of steel came flying off the truck. Have you thought about that? Its probably to late for that now. I would suggest buying a lottery ticket because your luck has to change.
That is f***ed.

I would have stayed right there, too. f*** the traffic around you. Buddy had an unsafe load and the OPP would have had a field day with him.

Sounds like you want to go with something other than OEM North American stuff. What about Focus RS stuff from Europe?
Matt.. NO!!!

Dude, just when things were looking up (coming home for summer and all)

I know Frost has a fender for sale for 60 bucks.

It;s yellow.
s***ty deal man. Looks like a good string of luck, or bad I guess...

I like NOS's suggestion of the Euro RS, but from your choices, I say stock...

Ryan
After all that crap, try to remember, the metal pieces didn't hit you, and your still alive. Going thru your insurance for the parts?
I was thinking of going through insurance for some of the parts, however my insurance rates just dropped to an all time low of $335 a month, which is big for me because i'm use to paying $430 ish. Even tho the truck incident wasnt my fault, I dont need any excuse on my record for them to put my insurance back to where it was.

As for the RS fenders, I Wish guys I really do, but I cant afford them. Even if I go thru BAT inc to get the fenders up here its gonna cost me way over $500. Thats some cash I dont have and wont have for a while lol. Those Z3's are growing on me........ but then stock just might be the best bet.
I'm voting for stock replacements. On a show car the other fenders could look good, but on a car thats mostly stock on the exterior i think anything other than stock fenders would just be pure rice.
I say Stock ones too as you just said you can't afford anything else right, now, if anything I would suggest replament with OEM European ones... but as you said money is an issue.

I have a passenger Fender, and I'm In Kitchener $60 it's yours. that's less then 1/2 of what ford will charge you, and about $40 less then what a wreakers will charge you.
Damn, thats horrible. I thought I had bad luck with my focus......sorry to hear about that.
omg Matt, i don't think i've ever had it that bad...really sorry to hear, i hope u get everything sorted out and end up showin up to the BBQ....i'll give u some help and call around the scrap yards and see how much they are giving away their fenders.......
Wow that's quite a story.. as for fenders I would vote for OEM replacements, or European OEM (same as stock but with indented holes for the triangle side repeaters) if you can find/afford/wait for them.
Well heres an update. I've decided to go with OEM fenders, im gonna contact frost shortly and purchase the other one from a junkyard. I'm also gonna paint everything myself (rent a spray booth and go at it).
Heres some pictures of the damage.

[Image: 100_2898.jpg]
[Image: 100_2899.jpg]
[Image: 100_2900.jpg]
[Image: 100_2901.jpg]
[Image: 100_2902.jpg]
[Image: 100_2903.jpg]

Also this is what my car looks like with the new rims (I know it needs a drop)
[Image: 100_2904.jpg]

I took these photos after I washed the car, so the damage didnt look as bad as I thought it would, however its still a pain in the ass.....
whats the other side look like???
It really doesn't look all that bad in the photos. I was thinking it would look a hell of a lot worse. Consider yourself lucky.
The first picture is from the drivers side, where the paint is chipped off, the entire fender is bent up. Also theres a stock rim on the rear of the drivers side so it looks fuggly until I can get another rim.
it really looks minor, and a little body filler will smooth out the door ding looking spots on the hood... as for the fender someone called dibbs on it on sat..... I'll let you know if the deal is a no go.