FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trouble Starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. Any help would be appreciated.

2000 Focus ZX3 automatic. When I turn the key I a tripping solenoid, click click click till I let go, the car doesn't begin to start. All the dash light turn on and off with the clicks, and the tack jumps from 0 to 2000 with the clicks.

DRyanC

edit: I measure 12 Volts and even if I jump it to my other car it doesn't start
Try a new Battery

Mine had the same symtoms, and car started fine when I replaced the battery.
If it aint the battery, look at the fuel pump.
My sisters Venture did the same thing. It was the battery cables at the positive terminal. They had corroded to the point where only one of the battery cable strands was connected.
Could be just dirty battery terminals. Buddy had a problem like that on his TJ.
NikiterZTS,Dec 7 2009, 02:49 PM Wrote:Could be just dirty battery terminals. Buddy had a problem like that on his TJ.
[right][snapback]298169[/snapback][/right]

that too. Clean the terminals if there covered in crap. If there clean, try a new battery before ripping everything apart...

If its the original bat, I'm willing top put money on its the battery.
Ding ding ding, we have multiple winners. Was the battery. Took the battery out of the 2007 and put it in, started right up. It was the original battery in the 2000. It measured 12V, the one in the 2007 measured maybe 12.25V. Even with jumper cables on it, it didn't start, Then everyone said battery, I was at my friends to get the trailer to take it to a shop , and I thought I should recheck with a battery that I know works. Good thing. Saturday I also found a nail in one of the rear tires, I was contemplating on getting new snows this year, but figured I'd wait till next year, so now I'm getting 2 new ones.

Also get this, I went to put the snows on the 2007 this weekend and, I should have know better. In August I had the car in for warranty work and they had the wheels off, normally I loosen them when I get home from the dealer but I forgot. Anyways my impact gun busted 3 studs on the rear drums, they were on wicked tight, glad I didn't have a flat out on the road, I would never had got them off. And don't say torches because who keeps a torch in there car. Why do monkeys or farmers all ways end up at dealerships using nuclear powered impact guns? I keep studs on hand for such an occasion, now I need to stock up.

Thanks everyone

DRyanC
DRyanC,Dec 7 2009, 04:16 PM Wrote:Ding ding ding, we have multiple winners. Was the battery. Took the battery out of the 2007 and put it in, started right up. It was the original battery in the 2000. It measured 12V, the one in the 2007 measured maybe 12.25V. Even with jumper cables on it, it didn't start, Then everyone said battery, I was at my friends to get the trailer to take it to a shop , and I thought I should recheck with a battery that I know works. Good thing. Saturday I also found a nail in one of the rear tires, I was contemplating on getting new snows this year, but figured I'd wait till next year, so now I'm getting 2 new ones.

Also get this, I went to put the snows on the 2007 this weekend and, I should have know better. In August I had the car in for warranty work and they had the wheels off, normally I loosen them when I get home from the dealer but I forgot. Anyways my impact gun busted 3 studs on the rear drums, they were on wicked tight, glad I didn't have a flat out on the road, I would never had got them off. And don't say torches because who keeps a torch in there car. Why do monkeys or farmers all ways end up at dealerships using nuclear powered impact guns? I keep studs on hand for such an occasion, now I need to stock up.

Thanks everyone

DRyanC
[right][snapback]298187[/snapback][/right]

actually the Fucus battery terminals are known for degrading.. Both my 01's have a bad neg if I don't install a ring of sheetmetal (wire brushed the paint off a pop can and cut it into a strip) I get the tic tic tic aswell right now I have a Spade end wedged between the terminal/post to get it to contact correctly