FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lookin At Buyon An 02 Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im lookin at byuin an 02 svt focus, but what should buyer be aware of?

its got like 80,000 kms,

there lookin for a price between 12.000 and 14.500
That seems pretty decent, although I'd be leaning towards the 12k price with that mileage.

Any crash history? Major repairs? Can you get the service history on it? Always serviced at a SVT dealer?

I'll let the SVT guys answer the "what to watch out for" part :)
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 29 2007, 06:17 PM Wrote:That seems pretty decent, although I'd be leaning towards the 12k price with that mileage.

Any crash history? Major repairs? Can you get the service history on it? Always serviced at a SVT dealer?

I'll let the SVT guys answer the "what to watch out for" part :)
[right][snapback]236766[/snapback][/right]

you should also concider a CarFax report on it, just to make sure it's a clean title.. and what NOS said, have it check out, make sure it's not abused.
Get the clutch checked for sure as this is know problem. You can also check the SVTOA website for more info.
I haven't had any major problems with mine. Had the alt changed(under warrenty). Great car...I love mine.
Any extended warrenty? I have had no issues with mine, some people do have issue with the clutch. But mine only has 30k on it. Really fun car. 12000 is where you should be on price, I paid 17, 2 years ago with 9k.

David
clutch/tranny rattle, sunroof alignment, bent rims, IMRC, heat shield, rust around the fuel cap inlet, heater fan motor, indash 6player nfg....
give out the VIN and we can do an OASIS (On-Line Automotive Service Information System).
If it's this one http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...37&adid=5964277 I'd stay away. 22 warranty claims at 5 different dealerships.
well it all depends.. If you want a performance monster with some wrench time

Find a hig milage 00 ZX3 for dirt cheap and spend all the extra on mods. if you pick up a ZX3 for like $7500 (look in the states) and put the other 7 K into moding it.. you could have a motor freshly built for performance and boosted, big breaks and better suspension ,,, and it would way out perform an 02 SVT...

just a thought