FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Has Anyone Done One Of These Tours Before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm definitly late for this season but looks like me and my gf are going to be doing this next year.
I'll try to ask for a better deal though.
One of those "ones in a life time things" to try ya know.

Kijiji Add

Actual website

Out of this list of cars, what 5 cars would you drive?

Ferrari 360 F1 (My pick)
Lamborghini Gallardo (My pick)
Porsche 911 turbo
Viper SRT 10 (My pick)
Audi R8
Nissan GT-R
Acura NSX
T-REX (G-2) (My pick)
Corvette C6
427 Corbra Supercharged (My manager has one as a kit car but non S/C)

For my 5th car I'm debating on between Porsche 911 turbo or Nissan GT-R or Audi R8.

Ill be doing that sometime in June with a buddy but its a surprise so shh lol I belive you need your M2 for the T Rex. as for me I would prob pick.

Lamborghini Gallardo
Porsche 911 turbo
Audi R8
Nissan GT-R
427 Corbra Supercharged

Ill be booking in teh new year cause $499 sound like s deal but there normal price is $899 for 2 pple ;)
ZX3_2NV,Dec 7 2009, 10:56 AM Wrote:Ill be doing that sometime in June with a buddy but its a surprise so shh lol I belive you need your M2 for the T Rex. as for me I would prob pick.

Lamborghini Gallardo
Porsche 911 turbo
Audi R8
Nissan GT-R
427 Corbra Supercharged

Ill be booking in teh new year cause $499 sound like s deal but there normal price is $899 for 2 pple ;)
[right][snapback]298146[/snapback][/right]

Suprise for you buddy? How cute. :P

I wrote them e-mail yestarday. Will try to low ball them to $800 for 2 people. :lol:
I also thought to myself that I'd need some kind of a M lisense for Trex.

By the way do you know if there needs to be $5000 deposit? Just wondering.
I'll be probably calling them sometime after lunch.
Not sure how the deposit works, I belive you need a credit card number on file or something and as for the surprise its for my best man gift.
Just called them.

After tax it comes up to $1000 (2 people) if you pay in cash/cheque. I got a little bit of a deal ofcourse tehe.

If you pay now he will give you deal as well.
Deposit is $2500 that you pay on the day of the event and then you get it right back after the joy ride (Credit card).

You can ask them to put you into agressive crowd of drivers so you don't have to do 60km/h all the way.

Another thing is they choose 5 cars that are most likely popular by the crowd.
Nissan GTR is up in the air and he said most likely they won't run it.
For Trex you only need your G lisense just like for the rest of the cars.

They also start in April and don't have the exact dates for events. They usually start calling people 2 weeks in advance due to weather and all that crap.

I think that's it for now.
Oh man, I would love to go on something like that.
how long is the tour?
ANTHONYD,Dec 7 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:Oh man, I would love to go on something like that.
how long is the tour?
[right][snapback]298168[/snapback][/right]

They say its "all day" thing.

By all day they mean there's a course at the start of the day where they talk about every car and how to drive it, they have lunch set up. Then they stop every half an hour to let your passenger drive. After both people drove the car for 30 min you switch to another vehicle and so on untill you get to drive all 5 cars (5 hours).
So I have to guess it's like 6-7 hour day of fun.

Remember it's not expensive if you do it once. :P
Bah, I'll stick to the Track Guys events, at least I learn something there

(Rasimfrassin manual transmissions don't help) :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 7 2009, 06:23 PM Wrote:Bah, I'll stick to the Track Guys events, at least I learn something there

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]298196[/snapback][/right]

GT-R, R8 and 911 Turbo with SMGs FTW???
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2009, 08:33 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 7 2009, 06:23 PM Wrote:Bah, I'll stick to the Track Guys events, at least I learn something there

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]298196[/snapback][/right]

GT-R, R8 and 911 Turbo with SMGs FTW???
[right][snapback]298213[/snapback][/right]

I still need that extra pedal on the left to be legal (aside from the fact I don't know if those cars SMG's allow for both upshifts *&* downshifts using the left side paddle only, 'cause I sure can't use my right hand to flick a paddle shift :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
omg i so want to try this
I pass this place everyday on the way to and from work. The place looks like a s***hole, and based on appearances I would not trust one of their vehicles with my life.
CanadaSVT,Dec 10 2009, 09:19 AM Wrote:I pass this place everyday on the way to and from work.  The place looks like a s***hole, and based on appearances I would not trust one of their vehicles with my life.
[right][snapback]298321[/snapback][/right]

From the video they look fine.

Google Streetview

I'm just saying the place looks like a s***hole with crap outside and along the side drive everyday. Just as I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that had feces on the table or skydive with a patched chute, I would not pay to drive one of these vehicles. ;)
CanadaSVT,Dec 10 2009, 10:33 AM Wrote:Google Streetview

I'm just saying the place looks like a s***hole with crap outside and along the side drive everyday.  Just as I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that had feces on the table or skydive with a patched chute, I would not pay to drive one of these vehicles.  ;)
[right][snapback]298325[/snapback][/right]

Hey, you're judging a book by its cover :P

Get on this and we'll get a better deal ;)

Tentatively booked for June 1st 2010 WOOO HOOO
ZX3_2NV,Dec 18 2009, 01:10 PM Wrote:Tentatively booked for June 1st 2010 WOOO HOOO
[right][snapback]298658[/snapback][/right]

Which way did you pay?