FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Open Google Earth And Look For This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you open Google Earth (if you have it installed) and go to the i near the north-west corner of Nevada at the California state line, you'll see that the i is a marking for the 4th most-expensive house listing in America right now. I drove by that place on the weekend. That place is freaking HUGE. And the switchbacks on the highway to get there are amazing. Hwy 431 through Incline Village FTW!
Nice looking pad. Unfortunately i'm just a few million short of the asking price lol.
blah! tried to see if i could see it in google maps since I don't have google earth anywhere. can't zoom in enough.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 27 2007, 12:42 AM Wrote:If you open Google Earth (if you have it installed) and go to the i near the north-west corner of Nevada at the California state line, you'll see that the i is a marking for the 4th most-expensive house listing in America right now. I drove by that place on the weekend. That place is freaking HUGE. And the switchbacks on the highway to get there are amazing. Hwy 431 through Incline Village FTW!
[right][snapback]236476[/snapback][/right]
What would make this easier is if you gave the coordinates. Something like 39°13'58.14" N 119°56'03.44" W
So you're telling me if you're looking at the "globe" default view of the Earth, along the western border of Nevada at Cali, where it ducks back to the south-east... you don't see a big i?

If you hover your "hand" over it and zoom down... you'll get to Incline Village.

Or, just type Incline Village, Nevada in the search bar and look for the only i in the town, along the Lake Tahoe waterfront.

EDIT - zoom in to an altitude of 3400KM or less... you'll see it.
I found this super easy in google earth. I don't think stuff like this shows up on google maps.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 27 2007, 01:00 PM Wrote:So you're telling me if you're looking at the "globe" default view of the Earth, along the western border of Nevada at Cali, where it ducks back to the south-east... you don't see a big i?

If you hover your "hand" over it and zoom down... you'll get to Incline Village.

Or, just type Incline Village, Nevada in the search bar and look for the only i in the town, along the Lake Tahoe waterfront.

EDIT - zoom in to an altitude of 3400KM or less... you'll see it.
[right][snapback]236542[/snapback][/right]
There are thousands of i's. And the one you meant was yellow I believe (and I gave the exact coordinates for it above). But in either case, it's SO MUCH EASIER to give an exact location than "Hey, look over here somewhere and you'll see something".
Well I apologize then, because there's like 10 in North America at that level for my install of Google Earth.
#1 in bridghampton new york is pretty insane as well
13°04'21.99" N 23°45'09.13" E Elevation approx 2 km. Destroyed village. If you turn on Google Earth Community stuff there's information about it around there, and in one of the i's (Destroyed -new) has pictures. And in another i around there there's a link you can download with tons more information and icons for the area.

It's all the Crisis in Darfur stuff.