FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pictures From The Harrah's Collection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...mx/Reno%20cars/

Of course, this can only be introduced by James Dean's 1949 Mercury coupe.

[Image: th_DSC_0631.jpg]

Enjoy!
Interesting pictures, though a few comments came to mind:

1) Gold plated DeLorean... how is it supposed to get to 88MPH when its coated in gold? :P

2) The picture you have marked as a '68 Stang... unless it's your camera, I see fins in the body surround for the headlights and those were deleted with the '67 reskin.

3) Ah the Batmobile... looks like the one you've got photos of is the promo model (There were several others made at the time, I don't know what happened to the others) I don't know how fast the promo model can actually move under its own power, but I do know that the "drive car" could barely hit 55MPH without shaking something fierce...

NefCanuck
Thanks Daniel, I was going off memory that's admittedly a little foggy today.

The car depicted there has a 400ish HP V8 in it on an extended Galaxy chassis. It apparently moves fairly well. (in reference to the Batmobile, not the Mustang :P )
MMMMMMMM Slant nose Porsche. Nice :banger:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 26 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:Thanks Daniel, I was going off memory that's admittedly a little foggy today.

The car depicted there has a 400ish HP V8 in it on an extended Galaxy chassis. It apparently moves fairly well. (in reference to the Batmobile, not the Mustang :P )
[right][snapback]236391[/snapback][/right]

Really? :huh: it looks too well done up interior wise to actually have a decent mill under the hood (Unless they actually did up the motor as well) because the stage cars were just that, stage 'em, take the shot (EG: Batman and Robin exiting the car) and move on.

Galaxy chassis? :blink: waitasec, all the Batmobiles for the show were built off of 1955 Ford Futura concept car chassis by George Barris at the time, IIRC there were a total of three built back then... (I'm a Batman TV geek I admit :P)

NefCanuck
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 26 2007, 12:45 PM Wrote:MMMMMMMM Slant nose Porsche.  Nice  :banger:
[right][snapback]236392[/snapback][/right]

*droool*
Im loving the 53' Vette man, those are so rare its not even funny. Blue Flame 6 baby wooooooooooo!
I'm surprised that no one mentioned that one of the Batmobiles is/was being restored at Legendary motorcar.

I always thought they were built on a 60's Thunderbird chasis.
bluetoy,Apr 29 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:I'm surprised that no one mentioned that one of the Batmobiles is/was being restored at Legendary motorcar.

I always thought they were built on a 60's Thunderbird chasis.
[right][snapback]236782[/snapback][/right]

Well, don't forget that the Ford Futura concept car (upon which the TV Batmobile was based) was originally meant as a styling exercise, so design ideas from the concept were used later on in production models.

Really? I wonder which of the cars it is that they're doing up? AFAIK there were only three built off the Futura concept and we know where one of them is...

Wonder if they managed to snag one of the drive cars? :unsure:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 26 2007, 12:09 PM Wrote:2) The picture you have marked as a '68 Stang... unless it's your camera, I see fins in the body surround for the headlights and those were deleted with the '67 reskin.

[right][snapback]236387[/snapback][/right]

Actually, that's an early '65 fastback. No quarter panel trim and it has the coral-and-cross in the grille ('65 only). '67 and '68 were a bigger chassis to accomodate big blocks.

Good pictures though! D50, I assume?

Ryan
Yup, D50 for sure!