FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Requastion A Photo Of High Flow Cat Welded To The
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yea...i have a i high flow cat layin around and i know some people have done this before....
so lets see how it turned out....a high flow cat welded right to the flex pipe.

high flow cat
[Image: high_flowcat.jpg]

the flex pipe i have on right now is the one on the bottom (high flow cat has to be welded on it)
[Image: Picture047.jpg]

another shot of flex pipe
[Image: Picture059.jpg]

thank you

Looks like the cat is going to be a little long to weld into the flex. You might want to check that before you start cutting. Also check the clearance for the cat as well. But I do not have any experience with this so just procede with caution.
i know Shade and Black_zts have done this before....but i don't know if they have or can take photos
that would help me alot
here you go Nik...

[Image: IMG_6984.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6986.jpg]

thanks T...but your set up is welded right on the catback......i need mine of the flex......hhmmm your cat is smaller then mine....hhhmm do i even have a right size cat?
I don't hv pic now, I'll try to take some pictures next oil change, but that's what I did...

[Image: Picture047.jpg]
lol awesome
just what i was thinking
im just not too sure if my cat is too big
do u have the same cat as me?
i did exactly the same way black_zts showed you .. and ya it fits no problem .. you'll just need to get a smaller flex piece to put in as you probably won't be able to reuse the flex section that you cut out
even smaller? dang....that piece is pretty small.....i'll see if canadian tire or part sours have smaller
Ill tell you right now partsource does not have one. We just sell the OEM type of a standered Magnaflow universal.
sorry, i opened my mouth before i looked at the picture in detail .. the one on your new flexpipe well be fine
To me it still looks like the cat you have is too big...there are smaller ones. Nass did you pass etest with the cat in that location? I tried and failed. Put on a stock cat and passed with 0 readings....i'm convinced that it doesn't get hot enough back there. I drove for 6months before I tried etest with that setup too...
Nik..i think my cat is shorter then what you have.

Hope I will pass e-test next year with this setup.
i wonder if i can trade it somewhere fot lets say a smaller one