FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2007 Gfx Zx5 Ses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I got my focus back in December and I'm liking it!
After driving a 95 Ford Probe Gt for 6 years it was hard to let go!
I have been trying to figure out which struts fit on the 2007 zx5 Models?
Tokico And KYB haven't officially put out any model numbers I guess they haven't test fit any. If anyone has after market struts on an 07 zx5 hatch and knows what company's struts will fit I would greatly appreciate the info!

Thanks
moving this to performance.
welcome
Welcome to the best Focus site on the web!! I bet it took a bit getting used to a Focus after having a Probe. Give it some time, someone ( not me ) will know the answer to your post.
thanks! I'm still getting used to it ya but I am still having fun with the focus
Kev2007GFX,Apr 25 2007, 01:33 PM Wrote:Hey everyone! I'm new to the site. I got my focus back in December and I'm liking it!
After driving a 95 Ford Probe Gt for 6 years it was hard to let go!
I have been trying to figure out which struts fit on the 2007 zx5 Models?
Tokico And KYB haven't officially put out any model numbers I guess they haven't test fit any. If anyone has after market struts on an 07 zx5 hatch and  knows what company's struts will fit I would greatly appreciate the info!

Thanks
[right][snapback]236281[/snapback][/right]
Welcome to the site ... I'm not really a suspension expert but I am familiar with the Eibach line and here's what I'm pretty sure is true:

Your car's suspension is essentially the same as every other non-SVT ZX5 ever made for North America with the exception of the front springs which Ford changed in 2006.

Eibach's Pro-Kit lowering springs for your car is #35108.140 and the Pro-damper strut kit (minus springs) is #3588.140 ... you might be able to use those numbers to cross-reference to other brands.

I've got the Pro-kit on my '07 wagon and love it even with stock shocks.

Good luck and cheers.
Welcome to the site. Where are you located? If your in Toronto keep an eye out for our local meets. Hopefully they will be starting up soon seeing that the nice weather is here. Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks for the replies! I live in the GTA so maybe I will come to some meets! I have a set of Tein S-Tech springs already just waiting for the struts! And waiting to here back from a friend who is going to get me the Eibach Anti Sway Bar kit for the front and back. I want the car to handle real nice! If its not fast it will handle :D

But I will keep things up to date as I do them