FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Small Favour, <1 Minute Of Your Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just so I know it is "not just me", please just go to this link:

http://www.greatlakes-seaway.com/en/tut/...intro.html

"start the tour", try the "cost calculator" and see if you can get past the "introduction" page. When I press "next" it appears to freeze and go no further.

Someone in another company has tried and failed as well but of course the owners of the site will always say "users :rolleyes: " if you tell them their stuff ain't working. I'd like to be able to say a number of people couldn't get it to work.

Thanks
Cost calculator no workie!

It's not a hot button.
ANTHONYD,Apr 24 2007, 08:36 AM Wrote:Cost calculator no workie!
[right][snapback]236049[/snapback][/right]
Me neither.

Seems their Flash scripts are pretty clunky like they weren't optimized or something. Even the other pages loaded slow.
I'll wait for a couple more to try before informing them of such.

I think I shall enjoy doing so ;)
Tried it here, no worky either.

Looks like the buttons weren't set up.

If you move your mouse just over the cost calculator icon, there is a javascript deal I see in the status bar, and if you click it, it closes the window.
As of 9:42AM, using IE 6 on an XP Pro with SP2 everything works as it should. Tour goes off without a hitch now.

NefCanuck
Guess I should add that info as well..

using Firefox 2.0 on Linux
whats with the 18 windows appearing. Fawkin annoying.

And yes, it just hangs for me. Nothing appears.

Did I mention I do this kind of s*** for a living? :lol:

Windows XP here
NefCanuck,Apr 24 2007, 08:43 AM Wrote:As of 9:42AM, using IE 6 on an XP Pro with SP2 everything works as it should.  Tour goes off without a hitch now.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]236070[/snapback][/right]

You're an anomaly, but that isn't news to anybody I guess :P

Anyway I have let them know, we'll see what becomes of it. If I am right I think I would be in order to ask for a complimentry subscription for a year wouldn't you think? ;)
2001 ZTS,Apr 24 2007, 09:13 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 24 2007, 08:43 AM Wrote:As of 9:42AM, using IE 6 on an XP Pro with SP2 everything works as it should.  Tour goes off without a hitch now.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]236070[/snapback][/right]

You're an anomaly, but that isn't news to anybody I guess :P

Anyway I have let them know, we'll see what becomes of it. If I am right I think I would be in order to ask for a complimentry subscription for a year wouldn't you think? ;)
[right][snapback]236084[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: That's cold dude :rofl:

But the difference may be that the IE 6 here at work is so locked down & dumbed down that almost anything will work, no matter how slipshod the code actually is (ver. of IE here is 6.0.2900.2180xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

I'll have to wait until I get home to see what this site does under my copy of firefox as that's what I run at home (as I loathe Internet Exploiter)

NefCanuck
;)

Quote:Andrew,

It appears that the tutorial does not work with the latest versions of Flash.  We are looking into the matter.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,
XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX
Communications and Public Relations Officer Agent des communications et des relations publiques The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation Corporation de Gestion de la Voie Maritime du Saint-Laurent

Thanks for the team effort guys! B)
Ah, then it makes sense that I got it working here at the office as the machines here have a Flash version so old as to be utterly useless on most modern sites <_<

NefCanuck
Well I got a phone call too and will probably get complimentry username and password.

How such a mild mannered guy in real life ended up being so shrewed in business is beyond me. :lol:
not working for me, I'm using the latest version of Firefox. you click on it a couple of time then the window disappears.
tell themt o give me a call if they want a real website.